Army Recruitment Campaign

Discussion in 'Jollies Bar' started by Cuzza22297, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Cuzza22297

Cuzza22297 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC

I think it’s fair to say PC has officially won.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  2. GreyWing

GreyWing Nobody

Might have won the battle but certainly lost the war. This might be the final straw for a lot of people, there was always going to be a point when these psychos got found out.

The public reaction to it is not what they were looking for. If you paid an agency a load of cash to deliberately embarrass the Army. I don't think they could have produced anything better than this.

• Like Like x 6
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  3. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahajahahahahahahahahahah

State of those adverts. What an absolute joke.

What is it with these bloody officers contracting sh!t out to useless civvies! Get it back to an institution and an establishment.

Capita has screwed up recruitment and now this utter drivel.

Themes are crap. The scripting is crap. The graphics are crap. It’s like an advert for some bloody youth club.

The Army is an absolute joke now. And it’s only so long before the good name of the Corps is desecrated for these regressive left wing hipster wet lettuces.

I bet it was some sh!t company with some hipster name like Thinkfarm or some bollocks. Getting paid a fortune.

PUT THAT MONEY IN RETENTION AND TRAINING, you ars3h0les.

• Like Like x 8
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 6
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 4
  4. GreyWing

GreyWing Nobody

Hand on heart, I wouldn't be surprised if this is actually the result of an episode on the apprentice which will no doubt be back later this year.

I wonder what metrics they have in place to gauge whether or not this is a success? More visitors to the virtual AFCO where Capita have placed virtual doorman to stop people entering? More people passing out? More compensation claims?

• Like Like x 4
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  5. GreyWing

GreyWing Nobody

I thought I'd take a look over at Arrse,

Someone posted this from the Russian Armed Forces recruitment team.

• Like Like x 8
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 2
  6. wellmemedmyboy

wellmemedmyboy Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Look it is dross
    but it's not designed to get me or you... it's to get someone that never thought of it as a career. and they could be good....

As a guy that is in, seen some blokes that are not the exact definition of hard and manly do hard things and hard hard work and are good soldiers and not cream in like some so called "hard" regiments. My 2 pennies.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  7. wellmemedmyboy

wellmemedmyboy Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service

more like this?????????????? WHY NOT??????????

• Like Like x 2
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  8. wellmemedmyboy

wellmemedmyboy Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service

or this

• Like Like x 2
  9. GreyWing

GreyWing Nobody

fair point - but if it puts off people that would naturally have joined having seen the previous ads, so that it can accommodate these people is that a price worth paying?

• Like Like x 2
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 2
  10. 03092014

03092014 Royal Marines Commando

I think they does have to be a way the Army (and armed forces as a whole) have to dispel myths and fears young people have. Many young people who don't have a first clue about the armed forces will get their opinions from social media, 2nd hand stories, tv programmes (both factual and drama) and other 'prominent' voices in the media and these can often be misleading or simply untrue. Look at the SRR female story a few days ago, easy for us to see through it but many naive and impressionable young teenages won’t know any different.

I was against them to begin with but I’m beginning to think one way of helping is the vloggers that have started to increase. At least they are real people who have actually undergone training. Not forgetting forums like this which have been invaluable for allowing people to ask difficult questions anonymously.

Of course there has been the Capita application part which hasn’t helped but I there was a recruitment problem before that.

I haven’t been in long enough to talk about retention so I’ll leave that to those more in the know.

11. 03092014

03092014 Royal Marines Commando

I’m not agreeing with the adverts by the way, having watched them I understand the message they are trying to put across, I just think it’s been done in totally the wring way. By trying to make out its not a big deal then sort of have made it out to be one.

12. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

The whole thing is a total embarrassment, and I am ashamed of what the Army has become. Once a place where tough men tackled tough situations. And the need to get the job done was paramount over anything else.

Now, due to a recruitment crisis, they are appealing to people with "feelings" :mad:

They need to realise, what the type of person they need to attract to be an effective fighting force looks like.

These types of warm and cosy campaigns are alienating the very people they need to attract.

On a positive note, I'm sure the recruiters of the RM are rubbing their hands at this?

• Like Like x 3
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 2
  13. wellmemedmyboy

wellmemedmyboy Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    absolutely agree with you
    If people read first hand literature they would know it is OK to show your emotion especially on Ops when mates and best friends die or are severely injured. It is about getting on with the job because we are professional soldiers.
    Siegfried Sasoon- VC winner- was gay
    Lcpl Hashmi of 216 Para Sigs was the first UK Muslim to die in Afghanistan in Sangin I believe
    Lcpl Kylie Watson won the MC for ops in Iraq after saving her sgt from a burning warrior and grabbing guys- she is a woman

Why not use these great examples instead of a graphic?

• Like Like x 6
  14. Wings

Wings Parachute Regiment

The TT here say its a bad state ive just seen it. The adverts should be exciting and full of tanks or a montage of paratroopers jumping out planes then next into army air force flying over some rlc driver dropping soldiers off on exercise who rush out the back its bad i get they want people to go if they feel they cant but its a very tolerant job its part of the goverment if you aint clever enough to realise that they have to accept it. Should you really join?

• Like Like x 3
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  15. wellmemedmyboy

wellmemedmyboy Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Wrong- Afghanistan
    Forgot the name of the one in Iraq, anyone got it so I don't have to google :D:D:D?

• Like Like x 1
  16. westy

westy Well-Known Member

The Army’s problem with recruiting isn’t an advert!!

It’s the whole recruiting process , the left hand can’t talk to the right and it’s infuriating!!

Take for example, I was medically cleared to apply for 21 SAS but failed selection on the eyesight but nothing else, I decided ti then apply for the Rifles as a regular but now been made PMU!! They can’t even give me a reason why I was cleared for 21 but PMUd for the regulars!!

And yet, they allow coke addicts to stay in which the RN/RM is the immediate sack!!

• Hoofin Hoofin x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. m2013

m2013 Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    I wish the army would invest in retention more than these silly ads.
    Most blokes in batallion can't wait to hit the sign off point and the armys answer is this

• Like Like x 1
  18. Shadow Frog

Shadow Frog Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Its all a load of *text deleted* now lads. I'm glad I left Paras depot, not personally the Paras but the Army in all. It just feels broken.

The Royal Navy is in a lot better shape than the Army. I want to convince everyone who is joining the Army to really think about it and go for a Navy career/ RMC.

Ps: the Paras are excellent soilders, there standards compare to other units are miles apart. I enjoyed my experience with them and hope they don't go to *text deleted* with the rest of the Army.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  19. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

I think that the 'intellectual creative think-tank' wonks missed a trick here.

The touchy-feely audio could have accompanied HD clips of bayonet drill, para drops, artillery, medic stuff, public duties, SF, etc., and still got the fundamental message across in an 'edgy' manner.

Emotions? Sure. Show a clip of some bloke weeping with anger as he tries to fight off the medics dragging him away from the P-Coy trainasium after a bad fall.

• Like Like x 2
  20. m2013

m2013 Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Better yet for emotion show a bods face when he sees hes on weekend guard or going to otterburn next week haha

• Like Like x 3