Army Recruitment Campaign

Discussion in 'Jollies Bar' started by Cuzza22297, Jan 11, 2018.

1. EdV

EdV Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    The new Army Recruitment advert is very weird...

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  2. Bellionaire679

Bellionaire679 Member

This is more like it ;)

Edit: Turns out i cant embed the video... Fail

3. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    So, it’s been a good few months since these dogs abortions of recruitment adverts went online.

They are still cringey and vomit inducing to see and hear.

Women being allowed in combat roles, but “ not” because of recruitment problem, (if anything, it will be a deterrent).

And now it’s suddenly come out that there’s a huge recruitment and retention problem.

So aside from the bare faced lying these caviar munching desk jockey toffs have been doing, what else have they done to justify their popstar wages?

Retention and recruitment crisis. Morale is in the toilet. Capita being even worse for recruitment. Infantry being used as a social experiment.

Anything else?

Wise up you desk jockey door knobs.

• Like Like x 3
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 1
  4. Hubb97

Hubb97 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    My application to join the army has been rejected medically as I went to the doctors about back pain 6 years ago. I appealed stating the fact that I’d been passed fit to join the marines and was in training for 6 months but they rejected this also stating that this ‘may have been due to my medical record not being scrutinised heavily enough’. Them paper sifting through my medical history is obviously more thorough than having a face to face medical with a certified doctor as part of the Navy’s application process according to them!

5. westy

westy Well-Known Member

I was also rejected my the army but accepted by the Navy, no wonder then army have recruiting issues!! Although to be fair, I only applied for the army as I thought the Navy would reject me!!

6. Hubb97

Hubb97 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Yeah it’s daft, passed RM selection no issues 6 months in training including completing hunters moon (lots of yomping) no medical issues at all but the army want to reject me as I’ve got back pain on my medical records! I’m certain it’s just a paper sift and wonder how many get rejected due to trivial minor appealable issues and don’t bother chasing it up, I’d imagine a fair few!

7. westy

westy Well-Known Member

How comes you’re not rejoining the RMs mate?

8. Hubb97

Hubb97 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I’d love to mate, but unfortunately I was discharged back in July for basically not being very good. In my original troop I started off as maybe in the top third with fitnessmbut was always last in bed, had a small illness in week 4 and suddenly I was dead last and never really recovered, spent 6 months in training with a lot of it in hunter 3 and even ended up doing weeks 4-9 twice but eventually I was discharged for being having piss poor admin. I feel as if I went back in now from scratch I’d be fine especially with having a head start with weapon handling+map reading+ admin etc but I was given 2 years minimum before returning. If this army app drags on though I’ll definitely be considering trying again though!

• Seen Seen x 1
  9. westy

westy Well-Known Member

I reckon you should wait mate, RMs is definitely the way to go

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Seen Seen x 1
  10. Corvo50

Corvo50 Royal Marines Commando

2yrs is nothing at all mate, plenty of trained ranks and people who are in the loop who can give you plenty of advice and tips. Don’t go into the army unless you really want to.

You might get back into training and think it’s a breeze, use the time for fitness, map reading, irioning etc. Get the basics done and the rest will fall in place.

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  11. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    And this is exactly what I mean.

Tell them you Identify as female and they will snap you up.

See if you can raise a formal grievance against it. And the army wonder why they have a bloody recruitment problem!

Was it capita that denied it?

• Like Like x 1
  12. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Get your admin squared. Mature up a bit and get stuck back in.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Collieryboy

Collieryboy Member

Fair play for being honest with yourself. It's not easy to do but knowing your faults will allow you to improve yourself in the future.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

What makes you think you’ll be an admin ninja in the Army? And if you really feel the issues you had have been rectified, then joining the Army will not give you what you seek. Grow up! Stop mincing, and get yourself back into RM recruit training.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Jaykay2343

Jaykay2343 Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    You got discharged in July...so really once all the excitement of Christmas has disappeared you are looking at an 18month wait. It will fly by.

Use the time to inprove on what you struggled with. Then have another bash

• Like Like x 1
  16. westy

westy Well-Known Member

I keep saying I’m going to claim to be gender fluid so I can have longer on my RN fitness tests, although I have been threatened with the cricket bat treatment if I do :D

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  17. stringer98

stringer98 Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Correct me if i'm wrong but i am sure it wasn't that long ago that thousands of military personel especially the Army were made redundant etc. Or there was talk about cutting down the amount of people serving anyway. And now they want those numbers up again?

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  18. Hubb97

Hubb97 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Appreciate the responses, I’m probably going to appeal again purely for the fact I think it’s an absolute joke, if I did go into the army I’d be looking to get into 29 cdo anyway which is a royal artillery regiment, but if this is unsuccessful again then I’ll definitely re-set my sights back on the RM’s after ideally having a decent job until I can re-enter training again. They also marked the reason for me ‘slipping through the net’ with the Navy medical was due to my ‘medical records not being scrutinised heavily enough’ which is a pretty laughable accusation considering the navy medical is face to face whereas I’ve not even had that with the army yet, more than likely just a quick flick through my paper records.

My only issue is I don’t really fancy being stuck doing a dead job for a few years while I sort myself out as I’m struggling to find work as it is, but I guess it’s really not that long at all. I’m semi looking at outdoor activity instructor apprenticeships, which I guess could serve as decent proof to me working on my shortcomings such as living and working outdoors etc... Anyway I’ll stop dripping ahah

• Seen Seen x 1
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018