Army Recruitment Campaign

Discussion in 'Jollies Bar' started by Cuzza22297, Jan 11, 2018.

1. The guide

The guide Royal Marines Commando

First off - I don,t really like the adverts...but .!!there is logic in them..

If you consider they main demographic that the military recruit from 16 to 24 this is a very small pool of people , that has been further reduced by the tendency to remain in education and get naff degree,s such as media studies.!! (not all degree,s are rubbish before i,m told off , this one just grips me.!!) reducing the pool further , the all round "offer" comparative to a person with a degree if they get work is not as great as it was , even the military is not a job for life where the new employment model in place..12 years now ?? not 22 years , so be default we have to present to those areas that historically we don't tap into...That is ethnic minorities , females , gay guys ..and so on.

I did run a dept with Lesbians , gay guys and even a TV (not the one for watching Jeremy Kyle) , and as long as they could do their job (and they all could , one of the guys was my best rank) nobody gave two hoots about what they did privately , we (the military) need to tap every resource for the best people and if these naff adverts help then so be it , we are already facing a black hole in numbers which will result in ranks being promoted ahead of time and not really up to the job , it,s happened before and is on the horizon again.!!.

So naff adverts ..yes...but the people it,s aimed at should be encouraged as long as it,s not to the detriment of key recruiting areas ,.!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Seen Seen x 1
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

Just to add the current 12 year contract is automatically extended to 20 years, should the individual wish, as less ng as they are qualified & recommended for promotion to Corporal before the 12 years are up.

3. Bellionaire679

Bellionaire679 Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. GreyWing

GreyWing Nobody

I think it depends where the line is really drawn to be honest. If you look at it from the Army's point of view then I can see the logic. It's almost like them saying, we've tried everything else with what we have and this is our last hope.

Granted, few people like it but it is what it is.

If you redraw the line so that the treasury comes into the advert debate then I can no longer see any logic to it. There are so many things they could do to improve recruiting. Moving veterans to the top of NHS waiting lists, top of Council Housing lists.

Things like this the Army can't control, but the Treasury could and it wouldn't cost any more money. It would send a massive message that if you join, we are going to value you.

Maybe we are being a bit too harsh on the Army, maybe it was all they had to work with.

• Like Like x 2
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  5. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Agreed. Anecdotally the US model for many years guaranteed college education for veterans. A completely different model obviously but it boosted recruitment.

Any incentive scheme would almost certainly be criticised if parity wasn't offered across all key public service roles though. Social worker recruitment is falling off a cliff just when about 200 people in the UK daily reach the age of 85 years.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  6. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Absolutely bang on. It’s borderline false advertising aswell, and it annoys the crap out of me. They can’t do a decent job of recruiting so manipulate lads that don’t know any better.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  7. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Actually a very good point and goes with the whole retention and benefits package.

As much as we smash the army for it, but you can only *text deleted* with the cock you’ve got.

• Like Like x 1
  8. GreyWing

GreyWing Nobody

• Seen Seen x 1
  9. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando

Well there you go! Lower standards and this is the result.

What I'm struggling with is that they have removed "land navigation", map reading to me and you, as well as grenade throwing! How the hell are you going to become a half decent soldier if you can't read a map! Never mind throwing a grenade!

Enough said, else I'll have to give myself a ban!

Alan

• Like Like x 3
  10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

What is interesting is that I've yet to hear a Brit training team claim those under their charge arrived perfect in all respects, not requiring training.

The truth is, that if the next generation of recruits arrive with less than perfect ideals, then the finger points at the previous generation creating their shortcomings - in other words the generation which produced their parents, teachers and training teams.

If youngsters today "ain't what we were like", then that's not of their making.

• Like Like x 2
  11. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I read it as when they finished training, they were substandard.

But you are quite right, it is the result of failed leadership, failed parenting skills, and terrible management.

But the contradiction is, the liberals can’t see that their methods were wrong. And won’t admit it. It’s failed leadership, it’s failed education systems and it’s lack of suitable role models.
    It’s not all the teachers, parents and training teams fault though, their hands are tied by bureaucracy, by politics, by governing bodies or agencies getting involved with a limited, or down right lack of knowledge in the subject area.

These adverts prove and pander to that failed system of leadership and education. The army got smashed in Twitter for a picture of a lad camming out. And they apologised for it. Instead of standing their ground and educating They pandered and fell and showed an absolute lack of spine. Either a civvie company that didn’t know, or some desk jockey, pen pushing, shiny arsed, desk soldier flapped. (Although the Military should come off twitter as it’s just cringey, embarrassing and the majority of the twitter fan base are vegan, liberal, lefty, wet lettuce’s.)

The next generations have been failed, but they also fail themselves. Although conservativism is now the counter culture and with it comes the neo-masculinity and the push back against this liberal society.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

• Like Like x 3
  13. westy

westy Well-Known Member

I believe wholeheartedly that today, we’re actually too soft on children! I’m not talking about the older days where they were beaten both at school and home, but there is actually no discipline at either home or school!! Discipline earns respect!! Again, I don’t mean physical beatings!!

Also, I have 3 sons and not one of them knows how to play anything other than the X Box/tablets/phones etc. If I try to get them to come outside and play on either their bikes or come down the woods to build dens and teach them to make safe fires to cook hot chocolate and marshmallows, I’m looked at with complete disgust!!

Anyone know how to fix this?

• Seen Seen x 1
  14. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Agreed. But the photograph doesn’t show the green of it. It’s in shade and been edited.
    It could have been a hasty attempt to recam over cam.

And the principle is the same. Skin shines, even black skin. You need to break up the shape of a face, including darker skin.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Use the computer system as a reward. It’s not a right. Having them in their bedroom is a bit of a dodgy one. And set a time limit for when the can start playing and stop
    Playing.
    Make it out like it’s real life COD. But it also comes down to a massive lack of role models. It’s all TOWIE crap, or lazy gamer crap.

16. westy

westy Well-Known Member

This Is what I try and do with them when I have them, I spent a fortune on bikes too to encourage them to get out and play more!!

As a child, I was out in all weathers with a football and only went home when I was hungry!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Seen Seen x 1
  17. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Seen mate. I was the same. You have to remember that it’s easier for kids to get dopamine these days, tech addictions, social media, games, etc. It’s a constant dopamine addiction.

Could just take the consoles away for a period of time? Although would that count as child abuse/neglect these days haha

• Like Like x 1
  18. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Keep trying to get them outside. Anything to do with animals and wildlife interests most youngsters (eventually).
    My niece became quite skilled at goat wrestling. Billys in particular get a bit of bad attitude when they approach adulthood so it's good to put them back in their box from time-to-time. I taught my niece how to grapple with and pin the beasts to the ground. The billys would get dead grumpy about it because she was only an eight-year-old a girl but it boosted her confidence massively.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando

20. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Yep, Brigade of Guards TRF.

• Like Like x 1