As a few people have been asking......

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yo fellas im currently on weekend leave at week 22 of training however.................Im in hunter troop for 4 weeks for snags on the bottom field but its getting there only 10 weeks to go.
If there are any questions please ask and i will be all to happy to answer them

LC

Duffy1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
What's been the hardest part of RT so far and also any golden nuggets of wisdom that will make our lives a bit easier when we get down there?

RC

Reaction score
Well done so far mate ... nearly there !

What are you having problems with on Bottom Field ?

Rich.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Well done LC, a fine achievement so far & more than I could ever have achieved myself.

For goodness sake do not get disheartened- make sure you complete it!

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
damn good stuff LC! share any inside tips? the hardest parts? oh and.. when do u get issued your rifle?

JG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Are you allowed to take your DPMS(camoflauges) home with you along with your beret etc or do you have to keep them on site

J

Jason_A

Well done mate!

What's the height of the smallest person? (I ask this because I'm pretty small myself.Oh well...)

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Well done mate!

What's the height of the smallest person? (I ask this because I'm pretty small myself.Oh well...)
Id say the height of the smallest person in my troop was around 5ft *text deleted* maybe smaller but he got a whitle eppilept so it proves height makes no difference.

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Are you allowed to take your DPMS(camoflauges) home with you along with your beret etc or do you have to keep them on site

Techniqualy you have to keep them on sight but i dont know one person who hasent taken all there kit home at some point for parents to de-service wile they go out on the lash *text deleted* hell evan *text deleted* done it, after hunters moon it nele made ma mum ill cz of the smell.

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
damn good stuff LC! share any inside tips? the hardest parts? oh and.. when do u get issued your rifle?
As far as i can remember you get issueed your rifle in the 3rd week of training, im not going to say what my hardest parts of training are so far because its different for each individual.

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
What's been the hardest part of RT so far and also any golden nuggets of wisdom that will make our lives a bit easier when we get down there?

Keep hydrated and keep smiling *text deleted* simple as that.

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Wtf is that >.<.

Well done getting so far :). My question: is there any bit of kit not on the kit list that you would strongly advise to bring?

thanks

I wouldent take down anything that isent on the kit list becuase (as im sure ninja will confirm for me) the kit list states everything a RCT needs to get by untill the training team allow other stuff or when you learn the ropes and start investing in other stuff but for now just take the minimum required..........last thing you want is to turn up with a chest rig or something *text deleted*

White eppilept is something section commanders get to stick on there rank slides to state they are a SC

Trademark

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hey what was your favourite bit of training so far?
and I start RT on monday what is the hardest part of recruit training apart from ironing of course!

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hey what was your favourite bit of training so far?
and I start RT on monday what is the hardest part of recruit training apart from ironing of course!

For me my favourite parts was been in the field once phase two had started becuase that for me is what its all about not stood for 2 hours on a parade square with the bellowing wind in your face been told you luck like a sack of *text deleted**text deleted* by some cock features adjutant because he dosent realise you was probebly up till two in the morning sorting your kit out for him < that for me is the hard bit been told its not good enough after spending hours on your kit its just frustrating and when you join you will find people who just wrap on everything, get there head down at 1900 and get a pat on the back the next day.

Trademark

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
im not lookinng forward to drill now:amuse:
cant wait to do some field work

Phoenix

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

Congratulations on getting this far, good luck with your niggling injuries. If you had your time again would you make any changes to the training you did prior to starting RT?

J

Jason_A

Id say the height of the smallest person in my troop was around 5ft *text deleted* maybe smaller but he got a whitle eppilept so it proves height makes no difference.
*text deleted* - thanks for letting me know. Do many people around 5ft go on the prmc course?

I mite as well just go for it and not give a sh*t what anyone else thinks....of course, i still like a laugh and takin' the piss out of each other *text deleted*.