As levels

HHHNNN

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
just seen that if i get what im predicted in as levels ill already have more than 180 ucas points...would this mean id be able to leave sixth form n start recruit training...........im not sure if id particuly *text deleted* tho *text deleted* i wnana enjoy being young yno but if for some reason i wanted to leave after doin as levels would i be able to do officer training

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Finish the A levels! Thats an order young padwan.

Plus, hit 18, get bollocked off your face all the time, and have grades to fall back on.

Then join marines, and u should have done all you needed to feel content!

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
could'nt of said that any better

HHHNNN

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
well yeh i said im not sure i *text deleted* *text deleted* i *text deleted* get *text deleted**text deleted*faced wi mi mates but if for some reason i really aint enjoying it would it be possible?

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I doubt anyone enjoys school when they are there, I miss it.. no responsibilities, was awesome looking back.

And *text deleted*, im not sure, might have some info on the UCAS site as I have no idea if As levels are counted.

HHHNNN

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
ye they are i worked them out if i get what im expected i should just scrape 180 *text deleted* 2 as levels = 1 a level

Nutty_Edwards

Reaction score
Your lucky mate, I'm doing my As levels this year and yeh i hate it as well :biggrin:

I would still finish a-levels, like skippy said for something to fall back onto to, and plus give your more time to train and prove leadership skills ... for example: DOE, Sports leadership etc ...

also thinking about it? if theres about 2000 applicants applying for officer, who are more likely to be accepted, people with As Levels or people with A-levels (not taking into account the people with degrees). I think you would be at a disadvantage leaving after As level ... but thats my opinion.

Good luck with whatever though mate

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
The Corps are seeking individuals with "stickability". Odds are that if you are interviewed aged under 18, having only completed half your A levels, you will be encouraged by your ACLO to complete them rather than scrape by on the minimum standard.

Those who are older, say completed a degree, may need the AS level entry route to bump-up their UCAS points but if you're under 20 & want to be an Officer then A2's are usually expected.