1. Hodgo587

Hodgo587 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Just a quick one, not *text deleted* write my life story but I signed up in February last year was put on hold to finish my gcse’s. after this I was given a date for my medical where I was failed as when I was younger I was diagnosed with asd at the age of 5 . I’m in the process of appealing the decision as I’ve always attended mainstream school and never received or needed special treatment or support. Never had social problems or anything like that and my life has never been any different from anyone else my age. As part of the appeal I’m getting re-assessed, if proven that this was a mis- diagnosis at a young age and I’m cleared of ASD would th stand a chance of entry. Bit complicated but just wondering if anyone else has or knows anyone who’s been in this situation or similar if so what’s the Potential outcome and what’s the odds of acceptance. Thanks.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker .

The issue is all to do with who diagnosed it & how significant the condition was graded.
    If there were no issues arising beyond initial diagnosis, in particular with regard behavioural issues at school and beyond then it maybe worth getting re-assessed...assuming there were no claims made for Disability Living Allowances, Carers Allowances, Child & Working Tax Credits, housing benefits etc., as a direct result of the initial diagnosis which would indicate the condition was more significant than mild.