Featured Asking for info about ‘CAPITA Diary’

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by codycaesar, Nov 16, 2018.

1. codycaesar

codycaesar New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Hello, I’m waiting for my face to facemedical and I’ve seen a lot of people mention a diary that they have to write for capita? Can anyone enlighten me as to why and what this is please, any information would help as I want to be prepared and able to crack on straight away, thank you

2. allye

allye Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    You only need it if requested. If you have your face to face you’ve passed your phone call medical? So don’t worry about it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker .

Not always.

A training diary is a useful price of evidence to have available to demonstrate your physical fitness to undergo the rigours of Recruit Training.

It is useful evidence for your selection interview as a method of showing you mean business, have trained to an adequate level over a sustained period and are ready to pass PJFT & PRMC without delay.

It shows you can train to the required level at a similar intensity to recruit training and, if injury-free, will show no repeated recovery gaps for illness or injury. It also shows you can, and do swim. Not only that, it backs up the verbal claims at interview which often get disproven at the PJFT stage.

Likewise if you have a medical history which includes lower limb injuries, broken bones, shinsplints, repeated lower back pain, dislocations or sprains - a training diary can reflect the length and frequency of injuries, post injury and a successful, prolonged recovery period.

A training diary is particularly useful when produced upfront, together with your completed medical questionnaire and supporting medical evidence so you can resolve medical issues quickly.

If you leave it until you are made TMU or PMU, then you will likely delay resolution by several months whilst you obtain the evidence required to move forward.

Training diaries can take many forms and can also be used as a motivation tool to chart your fitness development but also helps you see where your weaker areas are and helps focus a training schedule to focus on those areas as well as maintain your CV fitness.

A digital fitness diary which includes video training evidence together with the length, distances, timings, dates, frequency, elevation of your runs, such as smart watch or mobile app downloads are far more credible than a hand or type written diary with imaginary, unverifiable training schedules which demonstrate creativity and little else.

No such thing as a Capita Diary (other than the old peak flow diary) but a training diary can be invaluable

• Gucci Info Gucci Info x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  4. codycaesar

codycaesar New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    I was deemed medically unfit on the phone call because I broke a bone in my hand a couple of years ago and let it heal on it’s own, I had an X-ray over a year ago (a while after it had completely healed) and it shown that it had broken previously so my GP had to send information to capita proving I didn’t need treatment basically then shortly after they tried booking me for my face to face but I had to postpone until my provisional license arrives

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker .

Why was that? Photo ID?

• Like Like x 1
  6. codycaesar

codycaesar New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Yeah need a government issued photo id, they said it was okay if I just let them know as soon as it arrives so they can book me in straight away