Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Assault bike workout

Discussion in 'Training Methods and Diet Suggestions' started by YellowBelly98, Aug 8, 2019.

1. YellowBelly98

YellowBelly98 Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Hi guys,

Just wanted some thoughts on this workout I've recently 'created' with the aim of hitting everything in a circuit, would really appreciate any additions or alterations! (This is just a workout for one day a week, I do runs on different days, this is more of a non-impact workout)

I now always start my workouts by doing 3 sets of pull-ups, press-ups and sit-ups.

I designed it around the assault bike, doing:
    1. 25 cals Assault Bike best effort
    2. 20x Press-ups, Sit-ups or squats (it revolves around) or 10x pull-ups.
    REPEAT

Last time I did it, I kept doing that one mini circuit until the Assault Bike reached 250-300 calories.

As mentioned, would love some feedback! Cheers guys.

2. Hyperhippo

Hyperhippo Active Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    If your gyms got an assault bike I presume it’s got Concept 2 rower as well? Maybe Ski-ergs? If it has try this:

21 - 15 - 9 cals as fast as possible
    Row
    Bike
    Ski

If no ski then just crack on with rower and bike, add in press sit pull ups where you see fit, it’s all imaginative and painful stuff!

3. StrSam

StrSam Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    For me personally, I find that if I use the word 'or' instead of 'And' in my workouts, I'm training the easy way. 20 press ups AND 20 sit ups AND 5 pull ups will prepare you a bit more and will mimic how bottom field will feel

4. corvus

corvus Member

Fair one, good effort. The assault bike when used properly is absolutely gipping.

5. corvus

corvus Member

Try 10 sets of 10 cals, as fast as you possibly can, with 60-90secs rest inbetween.

6. YellowBelly98

YellowBelly98 Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Yes I think it does! Will give it a go, thank you!

7. YellowBelly98

YellowBelly98 Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Very good point, was probably going a bit too easy on myself! Will give it a go :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. YellowBelly98

YellowBelly98 Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Sounds like a good interval workout, will give it a try. Thank you!