Assignment Help

LikelyBrad

Reaction score
Hi, I've got an assignment for university, where I need to explain my career direction and what "skills" are required for said career. I want to join the RM and know what skills are needed (courage, team working etc) from reading the RM site and here, but I need more references for the assignment than just the RM site.

Does anyone know any journal/newpaper/MOD articles or reports explaining in some detail the skills needed to be join the RM or maybe a little more about the job itself? I'm searching my uni database of articles but it is coming up a little dry. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

sb146564

Reaction score
Hey Brad, a fantastic report I read recently was "The ethos of the Royal Marines." A fantastic paper, am struggling to remember where I got it from, but I know someone here will direct you to it. Other books that are a very good read, although some information is slightly old, "The making of a Royal Marines commando". Look on Amazon and ebay for other books.
The Times online will also be a very good source for you, as would any good online news paper.
Ste

Iago

Reaction score
The Royal Marines Ethos paper is on this site! Have a look up by the main site banner and it's under Royal Marines Ethos. That is good.

You could also do worse than reading Chris Terrill's 'Commando', I'm sure you will have heard of or seen the TV doc! It's a very quick and enjoyable read and shows first-hand experience.

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
The Globe & Laurel (Corps magazine) wouldnt be a bad idea mate. :kult:

RC

Reaction score
There was an article posted on this site (and various other sites on the net) that could be useful. I've searched but couldn't find it.

Basically, the researchers reviewed the old physical training syllabus with a view to reducing the incidence of shin splints. Possibly not directly related to what you are looking for, but there may be something within it that you can use.

If you can find it, it may be useful ???

Rich.