Stoo2k

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Been skimming the news intently!
Not good.

News

RSS Feed
Reaction score
HMS Astute: operation underway to refloat world's most advanced nuclear submarine

Efforts to free HMS Astute, the Royal Navy's nuclear-powered submarine, under way after it ran aground off Skye.

More...

News

RSS Feed
Reaction score
Bid to free nuclear sub under way

The Royal Navy is starting its efforts to free the nuclear submarine HMS Astute after it ran aground off Skye.

More...

VTomasi

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
The World's Most Advanced Submarine... foiled by a few rocks and runs aground. It's a miracle the subs of old made it out of port!

News

RSS Feed
Reaction score
Nuclear submarine to be assessed

A nuclear-powered submarine which spent 10 hours grounded on a shingle bank is to be assessed to see if its rudder was damaged.

More...

News

RSS Feed
Reaction score
Astute grounding 'incredible', say locals

The manager of the local lifeboat said it was "incredible" that the submarine had run aground inside buoys marking the safe channel past the Isle of Skye.

More...

RunningMan

Reaction score
i just read about this on the net and thought i would come on here to share the link but looks like this thread already covers it.
anyway heres another link

C

C

i just read about this on the net and thought i would come on here to share the link but looks like this thread already covers it.
anyway heres another link
That link is more stealthy than the Astute it seems. :bigsmile:

Chelonian

Reaction score
That link is more stealthy than the Astute it seems. :bigsmile:
Very dry, Callum. I was going to ask if top secret anti-detection 'stealth tiles' were cloaking the link but you beat me to it!

On a slightly different tack, the media speculation machine is in overdrive (that word shows my age!) but whatever caused Astute's difficulties people's careers are potentially on the line.
:sad2: