At my lowest =[

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I generaly dont write topics like this as in feer of feeling totaly fcking sorry for myself but *text deleted* hit the ultimate bottom.

For the past 3 weeks *text deleted* had the flu and realy not been able to pull myself out of bed in a morning my average awaking time has been around mid-day and my fitness well has slightly deteriated to be an understatement and because of the flu i got a ear infection which has had to be treated by antibiotics which have in turn made me lose my appitite and renderd my diet plan useless, wile i am now on the mend and have been back in training for the past 3 days i have lost 4kg in weight leaving me 58.5KG i know this is bad and since *text deleted* found that out my Motivation has droped through the floor as i know if i dont put it back in the the next 25 days theyl turn me away so all in all i feel like anything is looking up.

What do you guys suggest????

Mackie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I think the best thing to do is just accept the fact you've lost a few weeks and there isn't anything you can do about it, but use it as something to improve on.

It will probably be really hard, but if you get yourself back to the way you were training before, and end up back at the fitness level you were, you'll feel so much better for it and for not giving up.

I'm sure your AFCO will take into consideration your illness, there isn't any strict time-table to adhere to when you're going through your application. If you speak to them I'm sure they'll work something out for you and you can overcome it. Getting into the marines (as far as my limited knowledge has taught me) has a lot to do with mental strength so if you can beat this you'll be confident you have it in you to eventually pass.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
If you have a PRMC booked, there is no shame whatsoever asking your Careers Adviser to remove you from that course, having explained you feel you need more time to prepare due to illness.

If you are not 100% when you attend PRMC, you will not pass. Even a heavy cold will prevent you passing. Your Careers Adviser wants you to pass.

Rather than have a "fail" recorded against you, which could delay your application for 6 months or even more, see how you are in around a week- then evaluate whether you are realistcally going to pass- if not postpone it through your AFCO. (As long as you keep your Careers Adviser in the picture beforehand there's no problem, but if you simply do not show up, expect to be rejected.)

Good luck!

sjuggins

Reaction score
Alright bud,

I'd listen to what Mackie and Ninja have said. Ultimately your health is the most important thing (closely followed by the RM) and to give yourself the best chance of passing you need to be 100% when you do your PRMC. A proper flu virus can be a horrible thing to get over and can take quite some time, especially if you are pushing yourself physically as your body needs time to recover from the workouts, let alone fighting the actual flu bug.

In the grand scheme of things, what's another few months? Nothing really, better to be fit and healthy when you give it your all otherwise you'll always be thinking "what if".

All the best mate, I know how you feel to a point as I'm in having a dilemma myself with the RMR (work related, not illness).

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Its not PRMC ninja its RT, i am practicaly better again its just my motivation has gone since *text deleted* found out i lost alot of weight from been ill. *text deleted* got 24 days, think its enough?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
There is a Recruit entry every other week, so there shouldn't be a problem loading you onto a later course. (In fact there's an entry on 3rd Dec & 10th Dec this term.)

Again, I'd advise you give it a week & then re-evaluate where you are with fitness, but the same applies with RT as PRMC- if you're not 100% when you start, it's best to put it back a few weeks. With regard motivation, everyone has niggly doubts, rest assured, you just need to focus.

Good luck.

mlewis123

Reaction score
Alright mate,
I am in the same position as I've just had to postpone my rt date (from the 5/11 to the 10/12) due to spraining my ankle, like you I haven't been able to train and all I do all day is sit around and watch tv, which is very demotivating, but you just need to fight through.
I would say it's definitely for the best to postpone and then when you do start you will be confident in the fact that you are fit enough to start.

All the best.

Matt