Athletes foot

Olliemills

Reaction score
Hello,
I occasionally get this condition.
And im just wondering as ive got my prmc next week if this will prevent me from getting in.
It should have cleared up in a week, but just a thought!
cheers, Ollie

RC

Reaction score
I can't see it being a major problem mate, nobody will know.

I would get it sorted ASAP though. It could cause you problems in RT. Infection is a possibilty when you are in the field for prolonged periods.

Rich.

AdmiralAwesome

Reaction score
I had pretty bad athletes foot for a while. I used that one shot athletes foot treatment, then kept my feet, socks and shoes dusted down with anti-fungal talc powder. I think the most important thing was not itching at it - giving it a chance to heal. Sorted it out in three or four days.

M

MTW

i have my medical tomoro:doh: and i have had like dry skin on the bottom of my right foot like my whole life but its never affected me, im *text deleted* put on moisturising cream on to "hide" it but still looks more "weathered" than the other foot, already been to the doctor about it so its not serious, just wonderin how well the look at your feet, and you think it will effect their decision to pass me a significant amount?

RH

Reaction score
on my medical the doc only asked me to raise one foot so he may do the same to you
if he does tho make sure you show him the 'good' foot ;)

M

MTW

ha ha nice, yea left foot is flawless, ill let him have butchers at that beauty

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm the bottom of my feet are proper scabby, this is from working at a pool a good 20 hours a week, my feet are constantly wet. The skin has gone all soft and minging, hard to explain, it is almost like the skin is rotting of my foot, :) lush eh. I was wondering whether this would affect my medical?

M

MTW

Hmm the bottom of my feet are proper scabby, this is from working at a pool a good 20 hours a week, my feet are constantly wet. The skin has gone all soft and minging, hard to explain, it is almost like the skin is rotting of my foot, :) lush eh. I was wondering whether this would affect my medical?

dont trip son i was really worried about *text deleted* pulled up on my rank feet, he just had a quick glance at them when he was checking the mobility of my ankles and he didnt batter an eyelid! and my feet are baaad *text deleted*, id say u have nothing to worry about squire!

royal

Corporal RM
Reaction score
Monitoring the condition of your feet is incredibly important. It doesn't matter how many miles you can run or how many chins you can do - if your feet fall apart your out! And what a terrible way to be out, not through failing anything but because the Doc says your feet are too bad to continue.
Keep on top of your feet guys - the softer your feet the more likely you are to get blisters (issued new boots on day one, anyone?) - there's a reason talcum powder (foo-foo) is an issued item! Let them air whenever you can, boots off, socks off. As soon you get home it's barefoot time and if you can get away with it at work all the better. And don't be afraid to change into fresh socks at lunch time if your feet are sweaty.
Athletes foot is common enough, but easy to get rid of - get the over-the-counter stuff from Boots and use it! Air your feet! Clean them properly with soap!
I can't stress enough how important it is to make sure your feet can carry you through - it's the last thing you want to be worrying about when you're about to do a 12 mile insertion yomp with a LAW in your bergan...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
1 Athletes Foot Common Training Injuries 1
Bb33n15432 Athletes Foot. General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat 5
R Athletes foot Common Training Injuries 2