Attention all gamers

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Ahoy,

OK first to confess I haven't a clue, but have just bought a Wii and desperately need tips'n'stuff to impress my 10 year old son- hence a new forum!

OK, it's been suggested by PM several times & now I'm interested!

First off- please "bump" any thread that needs moving into this section. (The search thingy will not identify words of less than 4 letters -PS2, PS3, Wii, 360, DS etc, so you can see the problem!)

Secondly, what Wii game has great graphics, what's the best driving/racing game, what is the best shoot-em-up, what console remote is best.....:nuts:

stewie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yer wii is really gd i got mario olympics thats a coool game also my bro bought a wii fit today. havent had a go on it yet but u can improve *text deleted* balance and can help u build *text deleted* muscles. sounds really gd. wat games av u got?
stewie

Luke023

Reaction score
to be honest the best thing on the wii is the sports. my dad gets addicted to the bowling and hes a mattlo so if you mattlos think alike you might like it to ninja

John_Lar

Reaction score
You need to get on Wii Sports Tennis. It's really easy to 'cheat'. You can win a point every time you return a serve by hitting it at the right angle/time. Also learn to curve the ball by rotating the wiimote after you've taken your shot, that'll make you look cool :).

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Im liking blowing the *text deleted**text deleted* out of zombies on resident evil haha. But cant go wrong with just playing the tennis on Wii sports, learn the smash serve and youll be unbeatable, the tip is to hit the ball just at its highest point when its thrown into the air.

Luke023

Reaction score
Im liking blowing the *text deleted**text deleted* out of zombies on resident evil haha. But cant go wrong with just playing the tennis on Wii sports, learn the smash serve and youll be unbeatable, the tip is to hit the ball just at its highest point when its thrown into the air.

na na na i find the key to a smash serve is a nice smooth swing, make it a nice clean round action do not snap at the serve:wink:

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
to be honest the best thing on the wii is the sports. my dad gets addicted to the bowling and hes a mattlo so if you mattlos think alike you might like it to ninja

Yep, I greatly enjoyed the bowling. Absolutely thrashed my son, whooped a few times (to heighten his embarrassment) then shouted "Who's the Daddy?" a few times. "Erm, you" he muttered back through clenched teeth.

Also bought the Wii Fit, which is pretty good- OK accepted that nothing beats getting out there and running, but it's not bad. Bought the "Family Ski" game which is pretty good fun with the Wii Fit balance board- I love skiing, so enjoyed that one. Just bought Blazing Angels and have only just realised that I should really have been a fighter pilot. (If only I'd done better at school).

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Aww no not the WII!

Whats the world coming to?! Warhammer online is where it's at!

Though : Wii Fit is oddly fun.. aside from the mario games, brawl etc.
Call of duty 3 might be on Wii, WW2 shooters are usually great games (if you use a bolt action like a real man).

Nintendouche

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Also bought the Wii Fit, which is pretty good- OK accepted that nothing beats getting out there and running, but it's not bad. Bought the "Family Ski" game which is pretty good fun with the Wii Fit balance board- I love skiing, so enjoyed that one. Just bought Blazing Angels and have only just realised that I should really have been a fighter pilot. (If only I'd done better at school).

:evil::wondering: how did you get your hands on a Wii Fit arnt they sold out like everywhere?

or do they have them badboys back in stock now? :huh:

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Hmmn, I've seen the Call of Duty 3, but as a matelot it may be a bit scary for me. Wonder if I can get a white flag attachment for the Wii Mote?

The Wii Fit involved a lot of haggling at a Game Station shop - I asked them if the could match the deal at Argos (I neglected to mention Argos didn't have any in stock) and bought the Wii & Wii Fit with all the tennis bats/golf racquet's and a couple of games for just under £300. Obviously, I told the missus it cost £200 to save the pain & angst.

a flying dodo

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Well done ninja, my sister has a wii and Mario Kart is the balls.

WOOOOPPP 100 posts BLUD BRAPPPP!!

lee87

Reaction score
mario cart racing is a pretty good racing game mate, been playin it with some mates, very addictive, probably the most fun racin game at the moment.
Although im more of a 360 guy, CoD4 is pretty much unbeatable on the shootemup front if you ask me.

Death-Oar-Glory

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know who, but somebody referred to 'WiiFit' as a 'bad boy'

I genuinely can't think of much that is LESS 'Bad Boy' than the WiiFit. You stand on a white board, and the 1st game you get is Yoga... You soo baaad :P

Splinter Cell is pretty good on the Wii, takes some getting used to, but it's actually a game where you die if you get shot more than once, and there's co-op.

Morts

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
anything to do with mario on the wii is epic