Australian ex army

JWJ

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Also is it possible that due to Digger's prior service, he'd be able to join the RMR over 33?

Chelonian

Reaction score
@diggernet If your Recruiter did have difficulty with the arithmetic please be assured that it was unlikely to have been motivated by Australia winning the first Ashes Test by 251 runs. :eek:

Corona

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
@diggernet If your Recruiter did have difficulty with the arithmetic please be assured that it was unlikely to have been motivated by Australia winning the first Ashes Test by 251 runs. :eek:
I wish there was a sadness reaction emoji...

diggernet

Reaction score
I had a call with a switched on dig on the recruitment number mentioned earlier. He confirmed via his system and coc that I’m good to go providing I start rt the day before 33rd birthday (previous aus army service played no part). He also tried to apologise for ol’ jaded dig most likely paying me off this morning. A few things I need to do now, will keep posted on here for future reference to any other lost digs from aus who like it cold and wet

diggernet

Reaction score
Righto fellas so application has been taken. It’s been noted that website isn’t quite black and white and some recruitment centres have been knocking blokes back at 32 instead of ‘start rt before 33rd birthday). Was thanked for pushing back after rejection as 3 applicants who previously have been knocked on age have been notified that they indeed meet the requirement

Chelonian

Reaction score
...and white and some recruitment centres have been knocking blokes back at 32 instead of ‘start rt before 33rd birthday).

Well done for challenging the initial knock back. Understandably many others would have accepted what they were told.
I'm astonished that the age limit is apparently widely misunderstood.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Well done for challenging the initial knock back. Understandably many others would have accepted what they were told.
I'm astonished that the age limit is apparently widely misunderstood.
The recruiting organisation doesn't help itself in this area as they applied different criteria to age limits with ambiguous parameters such as "Max age 26 on entty" meaning up to and including 26th birthday and "Max age 32" meaning you must enter recruit training at least the day before your 33rd birthday.

To compound it, they then blithely announce "age waivers in exceptional circumstance for those with former service". Trust me, everyone on the planet imagines they are exceptional but equally, it is far from clear what they mean by exceptional or what counts toward "former service".

ex killick

Ex-Matelot
Reaction score
I had a call with a switched on dig on the recruitment number mentioned earlier. He confirmed via his system and coc that I’m good to go providing I start rt the day before 33rd birthday (previous aus army service played no part). He also tried to apologise for ol’ jaded dig most likely paying me off this morning. A few things I need to do now, will keep posted on here for future reference to any other lost digs from aus who like it cold and wet

What’s a ‘dig’ anyway? Just wondered. Good luck though.

diggernet

Reaction score
‘Dig’ ‘digger’ Another name for a private or equivalent.
“Young dig down on his luck after putting his hand up for what he thought was a motorcycle course”

CHUB!

Careers Adviser
Reaction score
I put a lad in last year 3 weeks before his 33rd birthday. There was no room for an age waiver but that was a year ago. @Ninja_Stoker is correct in that although the commonwealth door Royal Navy closed in Feb on the reduced eligibility it is still open for Royal Marines.
Don't ever wait for the AFCO to call you if you want info, you call us.
@diggernet can you please PM the AFCO who gave you this duff gen so that we can highlight the mistake so it doesn't happen again.
E.g the RN accepts 39 for most jobs nowadays but the clue is in the title while there is still a 39 in your age regardless of how many days after that you are still eligible to enter training as long eg you are 39 yrs and 364 days the day you start.
So RM is 32 and 364 days, although RM is like dog years so that makes you about 90 for RT!

paidtoraid220

Reaction score
Update:
Pjft/interview/medical all good
Did prmc earlier this year. Waiting to start training later in the year.
note to anyone from back home, besides showing right to remain the whole process was the same as anyone else
Good effort mate. I’m waiting to rejoin next year when my ROSO’s done down here. Townsville has made me want to come back to the UK as soon as possible hahaha

Joeysquinson

Reaction score
Yeah mate. When you say 5 years do you mean your Inactive reserve time? Such a *text deleted* pain in the ass. I applied at the start of last year and have been on hold since around October. Im 32 in August so I fear the dream is slipping away.