Awaiting interview

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by MillwallAlex, Feb 8, 2018.

1. MillwallAlex

MillwallAlex Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    I passed my NSRT on the 16th January but still haven’t heard from my AFCO about the interview.
    Is it usual to be waiting this long for an interview or should I consider contacting my AFCO?

2. Twoone

Twoone New Member

When I passed my triage medical call and got my date for my face to face medical I called my AFCO to try and sort a date for my interview and got it booked in for the same day as my medical. Best bet give your AFCO a call.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MillwallAlex

MillwallAlex Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Ok thanks I’ll give them a bell tomorrow

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

Have you got a selection interview booked?

5. MillwallAlex

MillwallAlex Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    No I didn’t realise you had to book one I thought once you pass the NSRT then your AFCO will call you in and say you have to come in on a date for the next stage (either interview or medical as I’m told some AFCOS do it differently).

On the day of my NSRT they gave me this form that I had to get filled in at a boots opticians, to say my eyes are ok. I’ve only just got it filled in yesterday as I’ve been busy. Could it be that they’ve been waited for me to send them that form before they can progress me to the next stage?

6. Twoone

Twoone New Member

Once you send off your medical questionairre and completed eyesight test you should get a text/email about a triage call, mine took about a week to get that call. If you get the given the all clear on the call they will book you in for a face to face medical. Got my face to face tomorrow and it’s took two weeks since my triage so everything is moving quite quickly for me!

7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

The routine or sequence of events can vary between AFCOs.

Some will get the medical cracked first, particularly if they have a surge of applications. Others will simultaneously book the interview whilst the medical process runs in tandem and some will book the interview first.

At present there is quite a surge of applications going through nationally due to the new recruiting software launch just before Christmas.

Either way the quicker completed documentation is returned, the swifter the process.