back from deployment

Boataimer

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
my misses asked the other day if i was to come home from ghaners, do you get a couple of weeks off or even a week. it struck me when she asked i didnt actually know what happens when you come back. i know when you get holiday normally but surely you get a breather if youve just come back from deployment.

Jfantana

Reaction score
a mate of mine in 1 para just got back from afgahn. he got 2 weeks leave 3 months into a 6 month tour, and has now got 5 weeks off ( inc summer leave )

WrapJuice

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
a mate of mine in 1 para just got back from afgahn. he got 2 weeks leave 3 months into a 6 month tour, and has now got 5 weeks off ( inc summer leave )

that aint to bad is it!

here is a question, do you think you will need to keep training in that time off to keep your strength up? it's a long time to have off.

J

Jason_A

I'd say so, yes. Not intensive training, but still do press-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups, ect ect to keep your strength, stamina and mobility up. Also keep eatin' healthy!

Boataimer

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
thats not bad at all, it will cheer the misses up no end. I suppose you would have to keep you strength and fitness up. i know id have a week eating all the *text deleted**text deleted* food ive missed and drinking as much larger as i could find, and then id be bored so training again would be the natural thing to do.

Boataimer

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Also keep eatin' healthy!

just as you wrote that i posted about eating loads of *text deleted**text deleted* *text deleted*

Jfantana

Reaction score
I'd say so, yes. Not intensive training, but still do press-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups, ect ect to keep your strength, stamina and mobility up. Also keep eatin' healthy!

Because everyone else is working during the week, he will useually just go for a run during the day and spends the rest or the time getting s*text deleted*tfaced. and after 6 months in the desert with no alcohol it only takes him about 3 pints *text deleted*

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
my misses asked the other day if i was to come home from ghaners, do you get a couple of weeks off or even a week. it struck me when she asked i didnt actually know what happens when you come back. i know when you get holiday normally but surely you get a breather if youve just come back from deployment.

As well as your 6 weeks annual leave you may get up to 2 weeks post or pre-deployment leave if you deploy over 5 months, subject to your unit being able to spare you. In other words it's not definite. You usually earn one days' extra leave for each 30 day period deployed.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
MM i'd be on the kebabs and alcohol rickytick!