Back from Illness

FromtheGlos

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Back after a long stint off ill.

Just done some fitness and the muscle wastage in my upperbody is awful, barely squeezing out 10 press ups now, as opposed to 60 before. broken. my sit up score is now at 35, compared to 80 odd before. However my bleep test score now stands at 12.1. respectable, and easy to work from.

my plan:

The 100 press ups programme. (www.100pushups.info/programe.html)

to coincide with three circuit training sessions a week, three runs, (3miler), (6miles), (3miles hill run), on top of rugby training twice a week and match on saturday

I hope to be (back) up to PRMC standard in 6 months.

Any hints or tips weve got are greatfully accepted.

Cheers lads, best of luck with training.

FromTheGlos.

robj

Reaction score
*text deleted* found that situps and c.v (running) fitness comes along pretty quickly, i'd say quicker than 6 months to get back on form, but pressups are a bastard!

RC

Reaction score
How long have you been off training ?
That is quite a severe decline in performance.

Rich.

FromtheGlos

Reaction score
I know RC, Im gutted, but crack on eh.

I was off training for four months. literally just sat there waiting to get fit enough to train again. All I could do was use grip strentheners, so Im gripping like a bitch now atleast.

Im going to see the bloke from the AFCO today, see what he thinks.

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Determination

Keep your chin up mate. I admire your determination to get back to a decent level of fitness, ready for the goal you have set yourself.

Sometimes though, you need to be patient and you need to work with the healing process.

With this I wish you all the very best.

Cheers

Steve

FromtheGlos

Reaction score
Thanks for the encouragment, Steve.

I'm just cracking on now. It's all the head really.

The Recruitment Officer said he had no problems with me training etc, and though my doctors not entirely happy with it, I'm going to go for it.

Watch this space for updated results haha, I'm aiming to get to 30 press ups, and 50 sit ups in two mins by christmas. make me earn my girlfriends mothers 3 bird roast =)

Thanks guys,

FTG