Back on leave

Brucey1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hello All. Haven't really been on here since I started training but now back on leave and just finished Hunters Moon and week 10. Any questions and im happy to help.

Nathan

Chris5818

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Alright mate, well done on getting through Hunters Moon!! dont think i could do it again, that was one of the hardest exercises i've done up to now, the yomp up to survival ex is a nightmare!! Although i did hear your training team are quite laid back so you will of probably got a lift there! :bigsmile:

I wont mention there names but you've just had 3 lads join from our troop!! Characters arn't they!!

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Well, question i have is :

Whats your current accomodation like and have your training team allowed you to have personal items such as mp3 players / laptops etc?

Also what sort of times do official training start and end, and then personal admin need to be done etc? Don't really see much to do with times of activities around the place *text deleted*

akerfish

In RT
Reaction score
i jus finished week 2, going bak in september to start week 3. at which point in training does all the bull*text deleted**text deleted* stop? eg emptying all the lockers into the middle of the room and covering them in dhobi dust and water *text deleted*

akerfish

In RT
Reaction score
oh skippy anotha question. what time do you get to bed? *text deleted* on thursday we finished work at usual time but then had a load of admin to do.*text deleted* our lockers got trashed thursday morning, we wernt allowed to go to bed. we were told that we would be able to sleep on the train on the way home. so we were up all night doing kit for a locker inspection that never happened *text deleted* when i got home i was so tired i went to bed at 1400hrs on friday and didnt get up till 1030hrs this morning *text deleted* best sleep i ever had. much needed.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted**text deleted* me, that sounds damn nice of them :eek: Luckily Im not used to have much sleep anyway

LukeJillings

Reaction score
orite skippy is foundation realy bad or is it just loads of admin? wat was the worst bit of it?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Good to see a few guys logging on to the site after joining the Corps- welcome back lads!

Just a word of advice for the guys who have not long joined prior to going on Summer Leave. As you will almost certainly have been told, when it comes to returning after leave, everyone feels a bit down & certainly questions whether they wish to continue. Rest assured EVERYONE feels the same after leave- particularly if you've had a good one- you'll meet guys on the train back who feel exactly the same. The thing to remember is do not make any decisions until you have been back at Lympstone for a good 3 or 4 weeks- it's heaps better after foundation.

Good luck to all & enjoy your leave!

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i jus finished week 2, going bak in september to start week 3. at which point in training does all the bull*text deleted**text deleted* stop? eg emptying all the lockers into the middle of the room and covering them in dhobi dust and water *text deleted*
Can I just ask a question. I don't get it, you've done two weeks but are going back in September...?

By the way, are you allowed to receive packages from relatives? Say if you asked for some morale boosting food?

akerfish

In RT
Reaction score
touchstone we r off for summer leave. why bother getting family and friends to post packages with food when you can just go to the naffi or londis shop on an evening. or to duchys burger van. duchys is a *text deleted**text deleted** legend. it is a great morale booster. and i have no doubts what so ever bout going back. i love it. cant wait to get back. and people say foundation is *text deleted**text deleted*. no its not. dont let it get you down, you will have a right laugh. even when your locker is trashed and you r getting beasted, jus look at the man next to you and laugh it off. when your on ex and its pisssing it down, jus think, its not *text deleted* kill you, your skin is waterproof, its all in your head. its making you stronger. all you have to do is get back up and re do your locker, as for the beastings, they are jus making you stronger. i was with my civvy mates earlier and i hate them. the way they are pisses me off. i cant wait to get back to lympy with the lads.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
i was wondering about that myself akerfish, as all my mates are death metallers/MMA fighters or accademics, i was wondering whether i'm going to loose patience with their apparently macho ways, or debating etc.
also i take it then (and i dont mean to sound like a soft touch here) that lockers do get trashed just to be a c*text deleted*t and teach you a lesson like?

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Im more worried im going to be the only death metal lover in my RT haha, though I do love Drum n bass etc so I guess theres some common ground.

Sounds like good fun Akerfish, good luck in whatever comes your way!

akerfish

In RT
Reaction score
yeah lockers get trashed quite often for a few reasons, one for the practice, the more you have to rewash, fold iron etc the better you will get at it and two it is also to teach you a lesson not to mess up again. eg, im always geting picked up for really small bits of dirt in the treads of my boots and trainers that i cant get out. its good fun tho, watching the dl have the time of his life throwing 56 lockers worth of stuff into a big pile in the room and then cover them in water and dhobi dust. make sure you name everything or you wont get it back as 56 lads scramble for their gear *text deleted* brilliant! i love this job!

akerfish

In RT
Reaction score
oh and as for the civvy mates, i saw one that i hadnt seen for ages, he didnt know i was in the marines and marines came into the conversation, he said he was in the marines when he was 15 and 9 months, did 15 weeks then dropped out, B.O.L.L.O.C.K.S! i tripped him up by asking what troop he was and what company, his individual issue number, etc simple questions bout the corps and rank structure, he didnt have a clue, didnt know any of them. so i brought it out into the open bout him being the complete lieing t.wat that he is. made him look a complete idiot in front of his gf and mates who all thought he had served in the marines. *text deleted* he then came out the pub after and tried getting me to fight, i jus laughed at him and walked back in the pub.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Im more worried im going to be the only death metal lover in my RT haha, though I do love Drum n bass etc so I guess theres some common ground.
well skip you've always got me... :love: *text deleted*
what bands you into? i love vader, panzerchrist, nile etc

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
cover them in water and dhobi dust. make sure you name everything or you wont get it back as 56 lads scramble for their gear *text deleted* brilliant! i love this job!
mate, that sounds like an absolute c*text deleted*t. cheers for the reply though.
will you still hang out with your civvy mates when you finish you reckon?

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
well skip you've always got me... :love: *text deleted*
what bands you into? i love vader, panzerchrist, nile etc
*text deleted**text deleted*ing love vader :D Really into all sorts of death like vader, behemoth, nile legion of the damned etc, love my thrash to.. mainly bands like darkane etc.

Good to hear theres others with similar music haha

gedro

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Ahh, one thing i do miss about being at lympstone is the "chips, cheese and beans" from dutchys, beats any meal i've ever had, hands down. Chips, covered in beans, which is covered in grated cheese, mmmmmmm! :uglyhammer:

dombeeston

Reaction score
im also home on leave, just finished baptists run and week 14, start week 15 and hav phase 1 pass out th week we go back in september, any questions feel free to ask