Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Bad day in the gym 5 weeks out

Discussion in 'Training Methods and Diet Suggestions' started by HotelBravoMike, Apr 3, 2019.

1. HotelBravoMike

HotelBravoMike Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    So I have my PRMC on the 7th of may. I’ve been training hard to get ready and fit after having to take a few months out due to surgery.

I’ve been very consistent and getting a lot stronger while working 60+ hours a week behind a fast paced bar which is very motivating with my situation .

Saying that though, I’ve just junped off the treadmill for the first time ever in about a year and feel just generally *text deleted* about now comsodering how close to PRMC I am.

Is this maybe down to over training or working too many hours on my feet or is it just a bad day I should ignore amd just crack on?

2. StrSam

StrSam Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I have my prmc for this date too mate!
    How's your running outside on dirt? Or general fitness?
    I've found that my training has never been a straight line, meaning that one week I'm improving greatly and then the next I feel like a potato in comparison, but I think this is generally normal and I try to look at the bigger picture. One bad treadmill run shouldn't deter you from it in my opinion.
    I work on a bar also, and I'd suggest asking to work less hours just for this last month so you can completely focus. I'm even going to book off the week before the prmc so I can fully focus and recover.
    What surgery did you have may I ask?

3. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Definitely. Performance can wobble and it's the consistent trend that matters.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jaykay2343

Jaykay2343 Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    From my experience pre prmc and even after I have passed out, if you know you have a hard phys session coming up, you have to get your head into it somewhat...giving it beans a few times a week training for a pjft can zap you mentally. Same when you are on a hill sprints session training for prmc. You know its going to hurt and you have to push yourself to the point of collapse.

It doesn't help with doing that many hours behind a bar too. Sounds a little like over training mate. By the time you get to the gym you are knackered. Aslong as you can maintain the quality take a few days off. Rest and recover then go again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  5. viperz12

viperz12 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    i have my PRMC on this date aswell what is your phys like

6. HotelBravoMike

HotelBravoMike Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    As I say, I spend most of my time behind the bar and the tim I have at home I'm making sure I have cleaned my work and PT gear. Luckily my work has a basic gym with enough where I can still get a good hour in before my shift starts so I tend to get in treadmill runs/sprints which are feeling consistently less of a struggle by the week. General fitness wise, feeling a lot stronger. Pull-ups especially, got a little too eager and actually headbutted the roof... *text deleted*.

Definitely good to hear a rational opinion though, over training and working loads seems to be the reason and a few days rest might be needed to progress further.

For the guys on this date, hows your fitness?

7. HotelBravoMike

HotelBravoMike Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    What surgery did you have may I ask?[/QUOTE]

Had a septoplasty from an MMA fight that didnt exactly go in my favour a few years back. Surgeon described it as one of the worst he's ever seen in 10 years so I guess thats an accolade I can walk away with!

8. viperz12

viperz12 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    My phys is decent i can get 14.8 on bleep test and 45 pressups and 85 sit ups i need to improve my pull ups as i can only do 6 but I'm working on it i am currently running 5k with 10kg weight vest on to get used to the weight also i am doing swimming to improve but i am a good swimmer anyway so i dont need to focus on that hows your phys

9. Hubb97

Hubb97 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Not too sure on that one if you don't mind me saying!

10. viperz12

viperz12 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    i have done long distance running all my life and doing marathons and half marathons i do 3 bleep tests a week so

11. Mattys

Mattys Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    What’s your bft/pjft time?

Must have an exceptional time with a beep test like that!

12. viperz12

viperz12 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    my time is 7m 32 haven't been able to beat it for a couple month keep getting around 7m 46

13. dodgyknees

dodgyknees Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    ...bet you're rubbish with weight though...they all replied hopefully;)

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  14. StrSam

StrSam Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Christ. well during the Bft, I'll be spurring you on.... you might not be able to hear me from the front though :D

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  15. kirbymorgan17

kirbymorgan17 New Member

i have no idea what a bleep test is on the surface the push ups and distance runs with weight appear impressive and reasonable at your development stated stage although i have no idea the time and intervals of your training regime only yourself and your body knows.listen to your body rest has to be taken into the equation to recuperate the mind and body. if at all possible cut a few shifts in the bar and get in the swimming pool in your own admission you could be a stronger swimmer it is and has to be a requirement to become a commando you will have to be utterly at one in the water.all the best for the future.

16. viperz12

viperz12 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I’m decent with weight *text deleted* run with a 10kg weight vest and only adds 2.34 seconds on to my time so it’s all good

17. viperz12

viperz12 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I will be waiting at the finish line for you don’t you worry

• Like Like x 2
  18. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Ideally those who finish first will start squaring away their oppos' admin while waiting. :)

It's always good to see impressive stats. Well done.
    Do you do much hill sprint training?

19. Hubb97

Hubb97 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    That’s understandable then, consider me told:)

• Like Like x 1
  20. ex killick

ex killick Ex-Matelot

I’m ripped! Yourself?