bad run!

andy5sm

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i went on a 3 miler this morning and did it 1st 1.5 in 12 mins and back in under 10, but i did absoloutly crap like 12 mins back aswell which is not normal for mae as im usually on form, so
i just did another 3 miler to see if it was in my head and i think the majority was as i did alot better but not in under 1030 but it was my second of the day, i have my prmc in 12 days time and i thought i would share thats you still have bad days so close to the day!!

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
im having bad runs lately, ive just come off an injury, and now its back, i was doing 1.5 milers to ease myself in.

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
im having bad runs lately, ive just come off an injury, and now its back, i was doing 1.5 milers to ease myself in.

your not the onlyone with inury. Mine keeps coming and going, it gets anoing.

manonfire

Reaction score

Exactly the same as me mate legs got better now starting to hurt again. Got my PJFT next thursday as well. *text deleted* have to have more time off running again by the look of it:mad:

et-adams

Reaction score
If you've got shin splints, 1.5 milers are probably about the worst thing you can do. Re-condition your bad injured selves by doing nice long, slowish runs on grass. Low impact training like circuits, cycling and rowing.

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Thing is there aint anywhere with grass i can run on, i have to use the roads.

manonfire

Reaction score
If you've got shin splints, 1.5 milers are probably about the worst thing you can do. Re-condition your bad injured selves by doing nice long, slowish runs on grass. Low impact training like circuits, cycling and rowing.

Yeah i plan on doing some swimming and cycling after getting this PJFT out the way to give my legs time to heal

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
buy heat spray it works realy well lads , before and after your run spray it on your legs

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I use a cream called 'Deep Heat'' proper burns but it gets the job done.

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
What does this heat spray do?

i dont actually know *text deleted* but it does stop the pain , im using it now on my back because i pulled a muscle. it wont heal shin splints but it will ice the pain for you

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Its a pain killer such as aspirin/ibuprofen

jamie.english

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
There's some ice spray you can get from asda that'll help those shin splints. I got shin splints again while i was in England, I sprayed them, put on my brace tightly and believe it or not, they went away within 24 hours.

Shin splints need 2 things, ice and compression.

Raz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I have a gym membership so after a run go sit in the sauna and steam room, then go for my swim, don't get any pain in my shins or any muscles after that:smile:

Raz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i went on a 3 miler this morning and did it 1st 1.5 in 12 mins and back in under 10, but i did absoloutly crap like 12 mins back aswell which is not normal for mae as im usually on form, so
i just did another 3 miler to see if it was in my head and i think the majority was as i did alot better but not in under 1030 but it was my second of the day, i have my prmc in 12 days time and i thought i would share thats you still have bad days so close to the day!!

I've potentially got my PRMC in 6 weeks and can't seem to get my 3 miler below 27mins, mind you, i havn't done enough interval training i don't think.

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
same mate, try having a bad back *text deleted* its so gay

What stretches do you do for it??

I thought my back would stop me from joining but doing different back stretches every day, i never get any hassle anymore *text deleted*

(Y)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M2011 Bad run Training Plans and Diet Suggestions 2
N bad run Training Plans and Diet Suggestions 3
Ryan11 Bad run Common Training Injuries 5