Bag size!

Taggart91

Reaction score
I start my RT soon and was just wondering if there is a certain amount of stuff that im allowed to bring?

Like a certain size of bag that i can take.

Anyone got any ideas?
No doubt Ninja will as he seems to know everything! :uglyhammer:

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
im taking a pretty massive holdall mate, but apparently take minimal civvys and boxxers and stuff because there isnt much space for all that. apparently you dont wear boxxers during the day *text deleted*.

Taggart91

Reaction score
im taking a pretty massive holdall mate, but apparently take minimal civvys and boxxers and stuff because there isnt much space for all that. apparently you dont wear boxxers during the day *text deleted*.

Haha yeah i read that thread earlier aswel :laugh:
I guess i will just have to keep it a small number on the underwear section.
Yeah only thing is i dont fancy going commando at the weekend when im in exeter or something with my arse hanging out.

Its not a pretty sight :laugh:

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
In simple terms:

If you need to take more than one bag, either it's too small or you're taking too much.

The kit list pretty much tells you what to take & you really don't need much civilian clothes- just two or three complete changes of outerwear in addition to what you are wearing when you join. You'll be wearing uniform for nearly all the time initially, so other than underwear, you really don't need much. Your towels should be the bulkiest items you take initially.

Most people take an average rucksack, not dissimilar in size to a bog standard bergen. Remember you have to lug it, so keep it minimal.

gareth17

Reaction score
When did you do your PRMC? Because I did mine on 04/08/08 and I got my date to start RT on the 10/11/08.

Taggart91

Reaction score
I think mine was the 15th July *text deleted*
Im not sure though *text deleted*.
Mine was a right laugh though and i loved it :)

Chamo191

Reaction score
Same!

I did my PRMC on the 15th of july. Start RT on 29th Sept. One week to go!

WrapJuice

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
there is a massive gap between PRMC and RT... looks like i wont be starting RT till next year then :(

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
that was only because of summer break mate, you could probably do it 2 weeks after your PRMC.