baptist run

will

Reaction score
got any questions on baptist run lads jst asked. av jst passed it

M

MTW

can you put whats involved in a few bullet points or something mate? ive heard it changed a bit.

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Is baptists run where you are first introduced to 'Yomping' and if you were did you find it incredibly hard work?

will

Reaction score
day 1

stalk

map reading stance

observation

target indication

night nav ex

thn basically lads thts they same for three days except u hav kit inspections in the morning.
and at the end u have an 8 mile load carry back t camp. with 39lb of kit in *text deleted* day sack and webbing.

nar mate cant remeber wen i got introduced to yopming maybe it was hunters moon. but u hav these wonderful things to come i assume *text deleted*

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
First time you are introduced to a load carry or yomp how ever you luck at it is week 7 on the return from marshal star to camp. As it is your first load carry dont expect to have much of your feet left by the end of it as everyone makes the mistake of not taping feet up etc.....you will pay for it for weeks after.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
How's things going Carl, can't be that far of being this sites first person that we know of to complete the whole thing.

Well done guys

rct08sso

Reaction score
Hi, i'm a recruit based with London RMR, have got my phase one course in 3 weeks was wondering if you had the grid references for the check points for Baptist run night nav ex and also if any body had a copy of military map for woodburry common, as i would like to get myself familar with the area prior to my tests.

kind Regards

SO

Nahoon

Reaction score
I'm on the phase 1 course in Sept - RMR Bristol - we train on Woodbury Common so have got to know it quite well - I would just buy a normal OS map of Woodbury Common (1:50 000). There are good natural features to nav by and plenty of gorse to get Woodbury rash. I wouldn't worry too much - I'm sure we will all get lost at some point.

Hows the phy etc going? Looking forward to the 4 mile speed march :unsure:

rct08sso

Reaction score
Phys is not going to bad, have been doing longer runs to prepare for phase 2, 6-7miles with 10kg and boots, I here we have to a RMFA test on the first Saturday, do you know what the minimum requirements are?

What I have heard is 6 pull ups, 60 situps, 50 pressups, 40 burpees, and 3mile run, 1.5 mile speed march as a troop, then the rest is best effort.

I dont think the 4miler is going to be that bad.

See you in two weeks!

Nahoon

Reaction score
Not heard that - but current phase 2's told us they went straight to bottom field on the 1st Sat. Will be a hangout no matter what!

We are off to Normandy at weekend on Unit trip - should be good.

See you week Friday!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Exs Baptist Walk and Baptist Run Parents & Partners 13
U Baptist run Recruit Training (RT) Chat 4
loveyloveys Baptist Run Parents & Partners 3