barclays bank at ctcrm

will

Reaction score
when i was down at prmc we had a lecture from a barclays women and then we had a choice to open a bank with them. so i did, but i had my breifing at my afco about my rt the other day and he on about banks and i had told him what i had doe and he asked have they sent any cards check books ect to me and they havent so he told me to take other bank details down with me just incase. i just want to no should they send these things to me or will it be sorted out down there?

cheers will

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
A good point Will. You and many others have probably been subject to the PRMC finance lecture, supposedly independent financial advice where they try to convince everyone it's a good idea to join Barclays as there's a branch in Lympstone. (Lloyds do the same at Raleigh). By good chance they bring along a load of application forms "just in case". Spooky, I wonder if there's any for HSBC in amongst them?

The simple fact is that you DO NOT have to join Barclays if you're happy with the bank you are already with. All you need is your cashpoint card & the machine is free to use unless your own bank state they will charge you. (Most currently don't)

It rather annoys me that these banks try to sell their services to new joiners some of whom may possibly think they must join a particular bank. I've heard relate of horror tales of "If your wages don't get paid in, we can help you" or "If you're feeling down, come and have a cup of tea with us". It's simply a sales pitch- there's nothing wrong with Barclays or Lloyds for that matter, but any reputable bank would do the same- it's down to he individual to choose with whom they bank.

My advice, if you already have an account, you think it's OK, then don't bother changing. Otherwise Barclays will sort you out when you arrive, fear not- they're good at it as they get around 20+ new accounts per fortnight.

matt0111

Reaction score
I have absolutelty no problems with my bank but after the sales pitch they put forward to me at my PRMC i was lured in and filled in a form, but later on one of the corporals said dont be fooled there not as good as they make out. He said he had also opened one during training but later changed back to his old bank. So my question is when i arrive for training will i still get a chance to just use my current bank account without hassle which i want to do now or will my wages already be automatically set up to go in the barclays account cause i filled in an application?

will

Reaction score
cheers ninja, i think im still going go with barclays and shut down my old accout because it wasnt a very good one.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
matt0111 said:
..my question is when i arrive for training will i still get a chance to just use my current bank account without hassle which i want to do now or will my wages already be automatically set up to go in the barclays account cause i filled in an application?
Your wages will get paid into whatever bank YOU (not anyone else) wishes. When you join, you'll get a training session about Joint Personnel Adminstration (JPA) which is the computer program which manages your pay & allowances. You enter the account number you want your wages paid into, no-one else is allowed to enter alternative details- in other words, you dictate where the money gets paid.

(Happy to give you my account number if you're not sure! ) :*text deleted*: