Reaction score
Friday - 1.5 mile run and boxing training
Saturday - 6 mile run
Sunday - x2 2 mile slow runs, fartlek and boxing training
Monday - 3 mile run, my new PB 21.00
Tuesday - British Military Fitness
Wedensday - Boxing training
Today - 4 mile run, 50 seconds slower than my PB

Tonight I was going to go to another British Military Fitness class, and tommorow I was going to do a 1.5 miler and boxing training. Is there any point? Should I just rest now? My 4 mile run was 50 seconds slower today than usuall, I don't want to lose my fitness!

This weekend is my birthday so things will only get worse diet wise, but at least I rest this weekend!

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
Sounds good,
but I'd have Monday as a rest day,
I'd reccomend not having more than 3 days of exercise in a row.

Simmoinshoes

Reaction score
Congrats on the impressive schedule mate, but rest days are very important. You should have at least one a week. The RM fitness tool recommends having 2.

Jervis

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
:dito: if you push your self 24/7 *text deleted* muscles dont repair as well as they should and your taken one step forward two steps back... two rest days a week mate.:wink:

daz665

Reaction score
You not doing any pressups/pullups etc.? Or is that part of your boxing training?

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Really, what I'm trying to do is look for the negatives so hopefully people will see that as it looks good, maybe there is something wrong with that last week.

Does it not look too packed up with exercise to you? Half of it I didn't even plan, so really I think I need to rest up for a couple of days. I don't think there is any point in my attending a fitness class tonight if it's going to do me no good...

Ideal scheduel

Monday - 3 mile run and BMF class
Tuesday - BMF class
Wedensday - 4 mile run and BMF class
Thursday - Rest
Friday 1.5 mile run and BMF class
Saturday - 6 mile run
Sunday - Rest

Now does that scheduel look too packed out? Or could it be alright?

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
You not doing any pressups/pullups etc.? Or is that part of your boxing training?

Yeah well it was part of boxing training but we dont really focus on circuits anymore at boxing. BMF is british military fitness... we do that kind of stuff there.

Jervis

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
thats alot better than *text deleted* original one mate... you will see a difference:albert:

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
Monday - 3 mile run and BMF class
Tuesday - BMF class
Wedensday - 4 mile run and BMF class
Thursday - Rest
Friday 1.5 mile run and BMF class
Saturday - 6 mile run
Sunday - Rest

Now does that scheduel look too packed out? Or could it be alright?

That looks alright as long as you're pretty fit and can hack all those BMF classes.

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
That looks alright as long as you're pretty fit and can hack all those BMF classes.

I will give it my best shot. I may not always do that 6 miler though and I may not always do 4 BMF classes, I may just do 3 classes but I really need to pass this PRMC of mine.

Today my 4 mile run felt like hell, I just felt like giving up but I didn't because I would have felt even worse mentally.

I just hope I'm more worn down rather than a loss of fitness...

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Well I try do have around 2 at least, 3 maybe a bit too much so try and have 2 days rest.

The last week I haven't had one rest day, and I'm feeling really really worn out and my latest run showed that!

I was out of breath quicker than usuall, I was running with heavy strides and my legs were in pain. Also no power in my legs, total weakness so I'd advice you to take 2 days rest where you are doing complete jack!

Knockton

Reaction score
Yea im only having one day of rest a week at the moment :S
but im just addicted to exercising now feel bad if i dont do anything for a day haha

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I have two days rest a week. But when i go for runs i only do it 3 times a week and only 3 miles, i really need to start uping the miles so i feel confident on my 3 miler. Would anyone suggest anything i can gradually get up on safely, would going from 3-4miles 3 times a week work?
Any help would be great.
*text deleted*.