Battle For Haditha

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Guys!.. Just found this totally awesome movie!.. Hope its a new one for all of you *text deleted* it certainly was for me and i so enjoyed it!.. Its a proper movie and would cost about £20 in the shops, But because i know this awesome site its free... Hope i get a big thanks for this *text deleted*.. :biggrin:

Version 4 is the best one to watch *text deleted*..
http://www.watch-movies.net/movies/battle_for_haditha/

Enjoy guys!..
Sam

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I have this one, it was on tv wasnt it then came out on dvd a month later, ye i got from hmv for about 15 quid, too be honest not many films get to me, but this is quite violent, did you see the marine just just charge in a room chcuk a frag in a room full of kids and bloody pepper the room, useing all the bullets up in the clip, but was a good watch, some of the actors are former us marine aswell so adds to the films realness

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Did i miss the battle? all I saw was executions. What a bloody disgrace killing all those unarmed civilians, do you think the royal marines commandos would of reacted the same way?

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Yes it was horrific, but remember these guys hadn't been on leave, they had their tours extended and just seen another bunch of their mates blown to pieces. Some were on medication, some were refused medical help for their mental illnesses.

In their minds they assumed all the facts added up and what they were doing was right.

The blame for this went much higher than these guy, they were hung out to dry.

There is a difference between those guys doing it after what they had been through and me and you getting up now and doing the same.

I genuinely wouldn't judge though, there are always 2 sides to these things.

MT6690

Reaction score
i have no idea what to say to behonest. one side of me is thinking *text deleted**text deleted* yeh, the other is like what the *text deleted**text deleted*. thats wasnt right. i honestly dont know. yeh it was a good film but... i do understand the feeling of revenge but still...oh i just dont know *text deleted*. hard 1.

MT MUFC.:dontaskme:

USMC 1802

US Marines Officer
Reaction score
Like nearly all films, this one, while 'entertaining,' is certainly misleading. Investigations into the alleged massacre have revealed civilian casualties due to negligence and scetchy rules of engagement, rather than unpremeditated murder. In particular, I would recommend observing Frontline's (PBS) report-a good overview of the event in a 1 hour program: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/haditha/ .

The film portrays the events in Haditha from the 'prosecution' point of view, assuming that a clear massacre took place. What has subsequently been found is that unclear/loose rules of engagement coupled with negligence on behalf of two US Marines in particular led to preventable civilian deaths. Military aged males were fleeing from the scene following the explosion; they were challeneged, to no avail, and fired upon-they were innocent. Having taken fire from surrounding buildings, Marines cleared suspected houses in the manner of that of a hostile building: by fragging and clearing with bursts of fire. This, unfortunately, lead to civilian deaths. Failing to take stock of the civilian casualties, two Marines in particular proceeded to clear another few houses in the same manner, resulting in further civilian deaths. By portraying the Marines' actions that day as a rampage and clear-cut execution of civilians, the film misrepresents what, according to official investigations, actually occurred. Certainly, preventable civilian deaths did occur, but not as presented by the film. Now, whether or not the official investigations are accurate is another story...