battle of trafalger

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
hey lads can u just fill me in on the battle of trafalger ( i thinki thats how you spell it) just want to get clued up for my interview.

cheer lads

-james

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Trust me chaps, you don't need a comprehensive knowledge of Trafalgar for interview.

Recent history is far more pertinent.

(Who won by the way?)

jamie.english

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'm actually reading about this in one of my books. The british definitely captured a lot of people! haha. I think it was around 6,500 people.

The british one, of course.

It was against the French and Spanish.

roguesniper

Reaction score
*text deleted* i doubt you need expert knowledge of trafalgar. just remember we won, the french/dons lost and england was saved from invasion. we lost about 1,500 men spanish/french figures are around 17,000 dead or wounded. we also captured 17 ship (which only 4 made it into service)

but i doubt you will need that much info.

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
The english also lost a good naval commander, i think his name was Lord Nelson, or Sir Nelson, im not sure, but he was the genius who thought of the battle plan which beat the french and spanish

roguesniper

Reaction score
*text deleted* yeah sort of there is official title was similar to this

Vice Admiral of the White The Right Honourable Horatio, Viscount Nelson, Knight of the Most Honourable Order of the Bath. In addition, he was Baron Nelson, of the Nile and of Burnham Thorpe in the County of Norfolk, Baron Nelson, of the Nile and of Hillborough in the County of Norfolk, Duke of Bronte in the nobility of the Kingdom of the Two Scillies, Knight of the Grand Cross of the Order of St Ferdinand and of Merit and a Knight of the Ottoman Empire's Order of the Crescent, Knight Grand Commander of the Order of St Joachim, Colonel of the Marines, and Freeman of Norwich, Bath, Yarmouth, London, Salisbury and Exeter.

alas you dont need to know that! i just studied napoleonic history for two years.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
*text deleted* yeah sort of there is official title was similar to this

Vice Admiral of the White The Right Honourable Horatio, Viscount Nelson, Knight of the Most Honourable Order of the Bath. In addition, he was Baron Nelson, of the Nile and of Burnham Thorpe in the County of Norfolk, Baron Nelson, of the Nile and of Hillborough in the County of Norfolk, Duke of Bronte in the nobility of the Kingdom of the Two Scillies, Knight of the Grand Cross of the Order of St Ferdinand and of Merit and a Knight of the Ottoman Empire's Order of the Crescent, Knight Grand Commander of the Order of St Joachim, Colonel of the Marines, and Freeman of Norwich, Bath, Yarmouth, London, Salisbury and Exeter.

alas you dont need to know that! i just studied napoleonic history for two years.
Or "Lofty" to his mates.

I studied woodwork CSE (and failed).