be a royal for free

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I think the pay is already spot on, I wouldn't ask for any more.

I think you should be proud and very grateful to be a royal marine, being paid for it is an even extra added bonus.

They pay you enough to have a comfortable life and there is so so so much you get massively subsidised or free.

If you were a multi millionaire would you still expect them to pay you? I should hope not *text deleted* you already have everything you need, so surely as long as they provide you with all you need, it doesn't matter how much they pay you.

Surely you want the job for a million more reaons than pay? If you're so worried that ticket wardens get paid more than you, be a *text deleted**text deleted** ticket warden.

You should be honoured to be a royal, and grateful that they pay you.

SamForrest

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Not if you had a wife,kids,and a house to think about.

a flying dodo

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'm 15, i dont :thefinger:

Yeah i do understand where you are coming from. But thats why im joining sooner rather than later.

gedro

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score

Spot on.

Regarding the first post, you obviously have no financial commitments, no offence! or if you do they can't be much! :smile1:

Gixer600Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
So how would i pay for my, car, motorbike, house, food and trips to the pubs, my family when i get one, my bills?

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score

If I had a wife and kids and my own house, I wouldn't be so selfish as to join the marines. I would get a better paid job and take care of my family.

Spot on.

Regarding the first post, you obviously have no financial commitments, no offence! or if you do they can't be much! :smile1:

I am just over a grand overdrawn, pay rent on a flat along with council tax, electricity, gas, water, TV license, I have to feed myself and pay for travel.
As long as my salary in the marines pays for that to be covered, then every extra pound is a bonus.

So how would i pay for my, car, motorbike, house, food and trips to the pubs, my family when i get one, my bills?

You get a better paid job, you know how much they will pay you, if its not enough, find a job that is.

Being a Marine isn't a job, it's an ambition, a lifestyle, and a privalage.

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
If I had a wife and kids and my own house, I wouldn't be so selfish as to join the marines. I would get a better paid job and take care of my family.

I understand that you might not do that, but the statement is a bit of an insult to the men that are joining or are currently serving marines that have a family don't you think?

C

critchmufc

I understand that you might not do that, but the statement is a bit of an insult to the men that are joining or are currently serving marines that have a family don't you think?

i do agree, he isnt selfish for joining the marines.

that was harsh

Raz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'm a skint student anyway, so don't care too much about pay, i manage:bud:

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
:cheesy::cheesy:Theres people with wifes and kids and a house to pay for lad

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i think fair is fair you do a job you should get paid fairly for it. be it your dream job or not as everyone has to work!

gedro

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
With no pay, how would you buy civvie clothes? or anything for that matter?