Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Bear Grylls

Discussion in 'RM Public Relations' started by Rover, May 6, 2019.

1. Box

Box Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    As the mother of some very young Air Cadets I must protest that this harlot is corrupting my young teenage sons and should be strapped flat before next being allowed to inspect at close quarters. My son nearly lost an eye and another was concussed as Ms Vorderman swept past. Next time, please send Tony Montana (I will be on hand to help).

• Hoofin Hoofin x 4
  2. DutyWretch

DutyWretch Royal Marines Commando

I’m a big fan of Ray Mears, I recall him once saying he’d worked with the RM (can’t recall what capacity but likely survival related..)

On the thread topic, Grylls attended the passout parade for the troop we watched pass out, while we were in foundation.

Anyway I think Bear was a family member or friend of one of the lads passing out that day, and one of our training team who had also been on that kings squad training team had been seen talking to Grylls.

One of our plucky group of day 1 week 1 hopefulls was all star struck and approached the aforementioned JNCO, and asked him excitedly what Bear Grylls was like!!

The Corporal in question answered totally deadpan

‘I don’t know, I was asking him why he was here today. I think he’s a cock’

The look of deflation on this kids face, from time to time, comes to the forefront of my mind, and randomly makes me chuckle.

• Hoofin Hoofin x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

He's certainly been a guest instructor on some RAF aircrew E&E courses.
    As a youngster he applied to join the Royal Marines but did not meet the required eyesight standard according to an article he wrote some years ago.

He made a documentary film about the Telemark raid with some Royal Marines MLs a few years back. Accompanied by a book. It's a good read.

RayMears-Heroes-of-Telemark.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  4. corvus

corvus Member

Theres also video footage of him jumping into Norway with a few ML's as part of the accompanying documentary.

• Like Like x 1
  5. corvus

corvus Member

Here is part 1

• Like Like x 1
  6. DutyWretch

DutyWretch Royal Marines Commando

You’re a wealth of info. You’re absolutely right, just needed my memory jogged.

• Like Like x 1