Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Becoming Marine Fit at 15?

Discussion in 'Training Methods and Diet Suggestions' started by 3KFreaky, Jun 25, 2019.

1. 3KFreaky

3KFreaky New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Hello!

I am currently in secondary school, however I wish to join the Royal Marines after my A-Levels.

I am looking to raise my fitness levels and loose the fat I'm currently carrying, so I can be prepared as possible for when the time comes.

I currently run 2km every evening after school, followed by press-ups, Sit-ups and squats.

Any pointers or per-established workout routines/guides would be highly appreciated!

Cheers!

2. ex killick

ex killick Ex-Matelot

Enjoy your early days first mate! School, college birds etc. No rush pal.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Treeforce333

Treeforce333 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I was in the same position a couple of years ago mate, but in your situation at the moment any progressive training programme, with some cardio mate will do the trick, there are many about and don't worry about focusing your training until at least sixth form/ college when it comes to the Royal Marines but if you have a good overall foundation of fitness by the time you come to train for the RM you'll find it much easier.

Just a quick add: remember consistency is the most key aspect with what ever training you do, especially if your wanting to lose a bit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  4. 3KFreaky

3KFreaky New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Thanks for your reply bud!

5. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Welcome. There are others better qualified than I am to advise about phys so I'll make some general observations.

It has been said on this forum that a generally healthy person within the normal range of body weight can train to become 'PRMC fit' within four months. At age fifteen now is the time to start focusing on a good, balanced diet and sports that you enjoy.

You will not be required to benchpress weights during Recruit Training but you will be required to run everywhere. Particularly up hills! Don't run with weights in a bergen (rucksac). It just looks daft and is actively discouraged by CTCRM before starting RT anyway.

Digging into the basics of Royal Marines history will stand you in good stead as will learning the basics about 1:50,000 Ordnance Survey maps and navigation.

Plenty of stuff on this forum. The search facility will open up a vast resource of information. Alternatively, just ask. Best of luck.

• Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  6. 3KFreaky

3KFreaky New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Thanks man! I would just like to add, I am part of the ACF, so I’m starting to develop knowledge in these areas!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Well done! Make the most of any opportunities. Same with school or college.

• Like Like x 1