Been out of the country for a while

allye

Reaction score
Evening all,

Straight to it, as a professional lifeguard I’ve spent English summers here and out winters abroad working for the past 5 years. My careers adviser has told me I need to get police checks and confirmation from my employers in Australia and New Zealand.

Has anyone come across this before and is it a pain in bum or just a technicality?

Many thanks

CHUB!

Careers Adviser
Reaction score
All above board and is requested as you lived and worked there. Any time over 28 days out of the UK in the last 5 year's the clock starts ticking. If all these trips amount to more than 12 months then we have to apply for a residency waiver. We just need to know you have not left a trail of destruction in your wake. :(

allye

Reaction score
That’s the boy, a residency waiver!

Yer been out for longer than 12 months, bit more admin for myself but thats ok, hopefully it doesn’t delay my application too much.

CHUB!

Careers Adviser
Reaction score
That’s the boy, a residency waiver!

Yer been out for longer than 12 months, bit more admin for myself but thats ok, hopefully it doesn’t delay my application too much.
It won't delay your application as long as you have completed your Security Clearance and provide the documentation in a timely manner. Ball is in your court. :)