Beer/Lager

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Reaction score
Thats how I remember the RM's birthdate :*text deleted*:

Dont really know what my favourite tipple is as it depends on how skint I am (poor-Carling,rich-K1664 or Magners) though at the moment I seem to have an affection to Beck's Vier .

Chris5818

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Cider
To get drunk quick!!, the downside is i always seem to get into bother with drinking it, and do some of the strangest things. For instance a few months back when the fair was on some lad started giving me lip at the cash point for completely no reason at all!!, So i ended up chasing him down the High Street with everyone cheering pushed him over proceded to take his shoes off him and throw them over the building. Happy Days :*text deleted*:

And another night on the ale http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obaKVtOP6YA

Beer
Always John Smiths after a rugby game!!, free jugs afterall and goes down easily.

Vodka Coke
After John Smiths by about 10pm, always good to get quick ones in!!

As for 1664, and i'm ashamed to say it but i can't stand the stuff, maybe it's my crappy local as the lines never seem to get done and have only really had it in there. Sorry Steve

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Reaction score
Chris5818 said:
Cider
To get drunk quick!!, the downside is i always seem to get into bother with drinking it, and do some of the strangest things.
Stella always does that to me-but not as far as wife beating or anything like that. :wink:

Roddie

Reaction score
ciiider!
im a somerset boy, so, natural. bulmers, magners, stowford.

but if im on a real bender, start the night with many double vodka red bulls, couple of sambuca shots (this is when im with the mother in the pubs) and then down as many WD40's (half pint of cider, half pint of WKD) down as many as poss.

and then hit the pints. gets me *text deleted*erooed. :D

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
MOLSON CANADIAN !

Ulick

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
A spot of tea chaps :wink: ......haven't had a drink in 8 years now I guess :)

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score

The Beer is nice, but the year is special.

I thought you lot would have pinged that.

Never mind. I've just bought a boat load of 1664 for Crimbo. Slurp.
:D
Cheers

Steve

MasoN

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Stella for me, although i don't drink much ( only 16 :d ) i love the taste of Stella!

Mackie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'm a fan of 1664 too, but I like a Stella too.

I prefer to drink from bottles for some reason, not a fan of pints, I think they make me more gassy!

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Reaction score
Roddie said:
ciiider!
down as many WD40's (half pint of cider, half pint of WKD) down as many as poss.

and then hit the pints. gets me *text deleted*erooed. :D
We have something similar up here but is called the 'Turbo Shandy',comprising of a pint of lager of your choice,down half of it then add a Smirnoff Ice :*text deleted*:

mlewis123

Reaction score
Turbo shandy is the way forward! Gets you wasted and tastes like lemonade! I love it!

Matt.

Phoenix

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I like the stouts :- Guiness, Murphys, Caffreys etc I also like Glenfiddich with ice or Rum with pepsi max *text deleted*.

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Good Drink

A tipple I used to drink a while ago was bottles of stella, with a sherry chaser. Tasted great and blew my socks off.

Whilst in the Corps I fluctuated around all kinds of alcoholic beverages. Snake bite was always a killer, half a Cider mixed with half a lager. Mind you, this had a tendancy to bring the demon out. :twisted: :twisted:

Another good one was a pint of Cider with a couple of pernods thrown in. It was always a good way to start the night. :twisted: :D

Only on weekend of course. :D

Cheers

Steve

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
1664.............why..

im prep for th army i ran 12 mile run over the peak district...and when me and my mate had finished we went into the nearest pub gasping for a drink...

he bought me 1664...it went down in one...and i never loked back!

H00L3Y D4N

Reaction score
Guiness :D :) :? :shock: :eek:ops: haha i love it, not in the mornings though.

Roddie

Reaction score
It's not your favourite drink if you can't "hair of the dog" it. *text deleted*,
yeah, pernod pints are lovely.

Will have to try those Turbo shandys.

SR

Reaction score
Ty said:
MOLSON CANADIAN !
Been to Canada fishing on the St Lawrence the last 4 years and thats great stuff. Was a fan of Keith Alexander, think it was that anyway.

Here has to be John Smiths.

gleneagles

Reaction score
It has to be heineken. best stuff that. I *text deleted* mind a white russian either, tastes exactly like chocolate milk! Fosters if I'm extremely poor, and I'm a student so that seems to always be the case. *text deleted*

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Been to Canada fishing on the St Lawrence the last 4 years and thats great stuff. Was a fan of Keith Alexander, think it was that anyway.

Here has to be John Smiths.
Yes, Alexander Keith would honestly be one of my favorites. It's from Nova Scotia. Very good.