Before I apply...

Jim Smith

Reaction score
I understand I have to weigh 65kg to join the Royal Marines I'm am what you would call a skinny guy, but I do fluxuate between the 65-66kg mark

When I apply, I plan to do a lot more cardio, Should I expect to loose some weight with the increase in cardio?

I cannot aford to drop below 65kg, as I will fail my medical.

Anyone had or heard of this problem?

Thank you

OneMoreWrap

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
You would have to gain weight to the point of 70kg I would say, especially difficult as you will be burning a lot with cardio workouts.
Even if you pass your medical at say 66kg you are still risking dropping below that 65kg minimum. If you drop below 65kg during training you can be medically discharched.

U

Unregistered

You would have to gain weight to the point of 70kg I would say, especially difficult as you will be burning a lot with cardio workouts.
Even if you pass your medical at say 66kg you are still risking dropping below that 65kg minimum. If you drop below 65kg during training you can be medically discharched.
Thank you. I think the best thing to do, is make sure I eat more (the right foods) and keep the water levels up. I know I will loose a couple about a kg of fat when I hit the hills hard. I best make sure any weight that is gained is in muscle, hence eating the right food