behind taliban lines

gedro

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Might be, but given the record of lies from the US and UK governments who control what the media based in their own countries show to the public, I wouldn't know what to believe.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Alot does make sense. We might have bases and all that around the place, in vital areas..

But we dont have the manpower to patrol as much as we should. Shame really. *text deleted* they pretty much lose every bloody fight. Thank successive *text deleted**text deleted* government s for this problem.

Alot sounds like complete bull*text deleted**text deleted*, but there we go, happens on both sides of the fence.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
this is an old vid (blair was pm when it was recorded-see the text running across bottom of screen) and fairly recently there was a shift in strategy- it took this long... some genius way up in the heady heights remembered that high ground is good low ground is bad so a couple of years ago i think, permanent fire positions were secured on most of the high points surrounding camps etc drastically improving things for coalition troops, that and US started taking "hearts and minds" more seriously

Qwerty123

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
that reporter had some nuts
What that man said. Rather him than me! The Taliban know that killing reporters isn't good for press and its much better to use them for their own purposes.

Love the joke translation voice over at 1:54!