Best time to take PRMC

Discussion in 'PRMC Itself - The Results, The Latest News' started by mrnufc1105, Feb 8, 2018.

1. mrnufc1105

mrnufc1105 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Alright lads,
    Probably going to book my PJFT for next week or the week after. When should I take my PRMC providing I pass my PJFT? My stats are

35 press ups
    Max sit ups
    7 pull ups
    9.30 return
    12 bleep

Cheers

2. AB93

AB93 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    I'd wait til you can get out some more push ups first mate.
    Are you able to do all these excercises one after the other including the runs and still get the same scores?

• Like Like x 1
  3. mrnufc1105

mrnufc1105 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Yeah mate, how many push ups do you reckon I should be able to achieve before I head down givin my other scores remain like this?

4. ERFC

ERFC Royal Marines Commando

Always aim for maximums then you’ll never got far wrong. Always strive to be better at what you do as then you’ll keep progressing and essentially make it easier for yourself.

• Like Like x 2
  5. greenzRM

greenzRM Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I would improve on everything before going down where possible. Don’t wait until your at the mark though.. set PRMC for say 8 weeks away and then just train hard for 7 weeks and your scores should be spot on.

6. mrnufc1105

mrnufc1105 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Cheers! How far should I set it away do you reckon?

7. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Because we are all physiologically different only you can answer that question.

I've not done a PRMC and I never will but I've trained for quite a few sporting events over the years. Train for the specific requirements of the event. Aim to reach your peak performance at the event.

Anyhow, just my opinion. Hopefully others will chip in with their own.

• Like Like x 1
  8. AB93

AB93 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Like has been said, aim for max scores. What you have to remember is PRMC isnt going to be as easy as 3mile run, press,sit,pull ups and bleep then that's it, you'll be getting thrashed with all kinds of *text deleted* that's designed to break your body, and then once your body is broke, then you'll have to do those tests, so you really want to be very confident with your scores and aim for max scores even after your legs are like jelly and your lungs feel like they're going to cave in, nothing less to really prepare yourself for it. 3 days then you can start RT, 3 days of hard graft and you're one step closer to that green beret, stay focused, positive and work hard. In my opinion, that's what I'm doing anyways.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

Clearly you are heading in the right direction and can take heart in the fact you are at a reasonably advanced stage of preparedness. Well done thus far.

There's always the temptation to just go for it, to savour the experience and identify your weaker areas but trust me, you really, really only want to do PRMC once because the psychological effect of a prospective return batters your self-confidence.

Keep the training going, get some good non-impact cv in your regime to limit injuries and make sure that includes regular swims.

As stated, it's difficult to advise a specific timescale but if you ask for a PRMC at least two months away, it gives you a target to aim for. You must re-evaluate at least a month ahead and if still borderline, or carrying minor injuries, simply defer without fear of upsetting anyone. Bottom line is just be honest with yourself - don't wing it.

Good luck

• Like Like x 2
  10. westy

westy Well-Known Member

Maybe jump on @arny01 programme now you have a good baseline of fitness?

• Like Like x 1
  11. mrnufc1105

mrnufc1105 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Thanks everyone, I’m going to start arnys programme come tomorrow morning and see how my fitness progresses, thanks all!

• Like Like x 2
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1