Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

BFT Rowing equivilent?

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by Firedrake, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Firedrake

Firedrake Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I currently have an injured adductor brevis (groin) and cannot run. However I really want to do heavy cardio equivalent to the BFT.
    • 1.5 mile in 12m
    • 1 min rest
    • 1.5 mile in under 10
    How could I translate/find an equivalent to that onto a rower?

2. Cuzza22297

Cuzza22297 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    When Ive been injured and off running I’ve done:
    2k row in 10 mins
    1 min rest
    2k row best effort
    5 min rest
    2k row best effort
    1 min rest
    2k row in 10 mins

It’s not an exact equivalent to the 2x BFT on arnys plan however it was the closest thing I could think of and gets you working pretty hard.

3. Firedrake

Firedrake Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Thanks Cuzza - Did you find the x-trainer or bike better to use? Did you use all three? I see you passed PRMC would you say this is the best thing I can do cardio-wise while recovering.

4. Cuzza22297

Cuzza22297 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I mostly just used the rower as another form of phys to running. I saw my fitness come on leaps and bounds when I was using it regularly and think it played a massive part in me passing prmc. I can’t speak highly enough of it.

A few sessions I liked to do as well as the one mentioned above were:
    30 min row
    500m intervals with 1 min rest

5. posh_punter

posh_punter Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I had an injury and couldn't run, so thrashed myself on the rower instead. It worked wonders. Would definitely recommend.

That circuit sounds savage! Not sure if it's possible with your injury, but I also did a load of sprints on the bike, interspersed with sets of squats, to keep my legs working too.