Big ask - webbing weights

RayDonovan

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
anyone on camp got webbing weights I can borrow for tomorrow? Big ask I know but will be massively appreciated

Rob20

Royal Marines Commando Moderator
Reaction score
Haha sorry I can't help but this is ultimate flap stations -vomit-.

Maybe try King squad if they're leaving this week, you never know....

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Go over to Hunter and ask someone, especially Hunter 2 or 3.

Is this for the 9 miler?

arny01

Ex Pongo.
Reaction score
For what is worth, I seen a cracking recommendation on here to use 4 x 1.5kg girly dumbell things. They fit perfectly into an ammo pouch. And 4 plus a water bottle equals exactly 21.5 lb. That's what my lad used in RT. He started off using socks filled with rocks. Although 21 lb ended up being 30 lb. :D

cc1

(former RM)
Reaction score
Tesco food bag, filled with stones then wrapped in 21lbs of sniper tape. Worked a charm!

PRMH

Reaction score
Would your training team not bail you out of that one and sort some for you? Or would you be more likely to receive a 'extra phys' from them?

Chelonian

Reaction score
Would your training team not bail you out of that one and sort some for you? Or would you be more likely to receive a 'extra phys' from them?

Regardless of circumstances, one is unlikely to get any sympathy from a Training Team. It's a personal admin issue: each individual is responsible for having the correct kit at the appropriate time and place.

But kit can go adrift or—even worse—get pinched. In which case the individual has to deploy resourcefulness to overcome the problem.

On the topic of webbing weights as referenced by @cc1 I made my own: gravel bagged up inside old socks, moulded in a mess tin and wrapped with a mile of tape. Ugly, but effective and cheap.

Why waste one's pay on buying kit when it can be invested in beer at the weekend?

PRMH

Reaction score
I’ll bare that in mind. It’s a sad time if and when people are pinching your kit. That said, as previously stated it does give an individual the opportunity to display their resourcefulness.

New Threads