Biggest Threat To World Peace?

Roy Brown

Reaction score
I noticed a thread about the most powerful nations a little bit further down but also the countries that are biggest threat to world peace intrigue me. Some people say China by far the most populated country in the world a fast growing economy and i'm not too sure about this one but i'm sure their leader is pretty much a dictator. Some say Iran with their nuclear programme their refusal to co-operate and their leader's declaration of hatred mainly towards Israel but also to the West. Also some people say Al Qaeda will grow and grow and they will be the biggest threat to world peace. So what do you think?

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Biggest threat to world peace, world peace far as i know has never existed there has and always will be conflict of either a racial or religious nature.

The self destructive nature of the human condition is such that it is highly improbable the world will ever unite as a singular community and achieve true global peace. However if i had to select one thing that would throw the world into choas it would be if someone fired Nuclear weapons at another nation the world would become instantly trigger happy and entire nations would be wiped out and our world would be scared irreparably so much so that our children would be the ones to pay the true price.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
The self destructive nature of the human condition is such that it is highly improbable the world will ever unite as a singular community and achieve true global peace.
here here. there will always be at least little wars going on here and there.
the biggest threat to a fairly peaceful world i honestly think is the US. name one major war since WWII that hasn't involved the US engaging other countries in a non defensive war, or resulted from US engineering the socio/economic/political structure of that country of it's neighbours...
it's what happens when religion/social ideals/business get mixed in with politics

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* I just did that only had 1 human left

Edit: done it again 2 humans left!

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Its either Zombies or Chuck Norris farts

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
here here. there will always be at least little wars going on here and there.
the biggest threat to a fairly peaceful world i honestly think is the US. name one major war since WWII that hasn't involved the US engaging other countries in a non defensive war, or resulted from US engineering the socio/economic/political structure of that country of it's neighbours...
it's what happens when religion/social ideals/business get mixed in with politics

You do have a good point there, the US tend to meddle far too much in foreign politics and it has affected many conflicts since WW2 they are indeed a catalyst for further wars. America is really the only true super power left in the world and as with all Empires before it ultimately they will attract dislike from other nations, prior to WW2 the British Empire was the most powerful force in the world and if you just look at its history no one really liked us either as we imposed our will upon others, history and human nature just seems to only repeat itself as time goes by.

What's your take on the US involvement in this current fight between Georgia and South Ossetia/Russia seedy?

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
i'd be surprised if US actually did anything of substance. then again it does US no favours if europe and russia get on, so it wouldnt surprise me if US tried to take things a bit further, maybe by supplying georgia with technical support (the satellite, plane, missile sort, not the "have you tried resetting it?" sort).
*text deleted* i started off in this against russia but the more i look into it the more it seems like a cold war II type situation, in so much as russia wants more control over energy supplies so it can again be a super power and feels threatened by the spread of NATO, and america wants russia to look bad and over react thus recovering some lost face in europe.

D

Deleted

You've got to admire the Russians though, they don't pussyfoot around and take *text deleted**text deleted* from no one.

When david cameron said the world should condemn the russians... thats just like getting a random bloke from the street to punch Mike Tyson... it will have no effect.

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Just don't piss of the Russians, they're crazy b'stards

Roy Brown

Reaction score
Yeah I understand World Peace doesn't exist and i think never will. But i'm talking let's say China decided to start a war and took on the US that would have massive effects on the world. If Iran nuked Israel or the US that would spark huge war. Not to understate in any way the Iraq or Afghanistan wars but think about it if China started war or Iran nuked someone that is global war.

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i'd be surprised if US actually did anything of substance. then again it does US no favours if europe and russia get on, so it wouldnt surprise me if US tried to take things a bit further, maybe by supplying georgia with technical support (the satellite, plane, missile sort, not the "have you tried resetting it?" sort).
*text deleted* i started off in this against russia but the more i look into it the more it seems like a cold war II type situation, in so much as russia wants more control over energy supplies so it can again be a super power and feels threatened by the spread of NATO, and america wants russia to look bad and over react thus recovering some lost face in europe.

Yeah i agree with you fully on that. For the most part it looks as though Russia is backing off and there will just be a stand off in Georgia, i dont see russian troops pulling out anytime soon. From here on think bureaucrats and politicians will take over.

Roy Brown said:
Yeah I understand World Peace doesn't exist and i think never will. But i'm talking let's say China decided to start a war and took on the US that would have massive effects on the world. If Iran nuked Israel or the US that would spark huge war. Not to understate in any way the Iraq or Afghanistan wars but think about it if China started war or Iran nuked someone that is global war.

I dont see china doing anything hasty like that, Russia too has atleast enough sense to keep it off the cards but Iran yeah there is a possible nightmare. If Nukes started flying we would all be in for hell.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Wait for china to float their currency and pay their workers equal wages to the west. It'll collapse.

China isn't a threat as it doesnt have global domination ambitions, they'd rather control it with economics and make their own lives better.

A resurgent russia would be a pain *text deleted*. Already doing its saber rattling.

New Threads