Biking & Running

gedro

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Recently started getting into biking, pedal biking that is on a mountain bike, just got meself a new one for £500 from a local bike shop as i'm just an amateeeurrrr, been out on it every other night and running every 2 days and having one rest, my running is improving each time i go i can see it and feel it, and i'm improving on the bike too, cained a few downhill tracks in the local area which is good fun and been on the road alot.

As of right now my legs are absolutely like jelly i'm finding it hard to get up the stairs, went for a 4 mile run about tee time today then had some food, then went out with me mate on our bikes to the top of some hill near us called 'Parbold Hill', 11 miles to the top and the same back and takes just over 2 hours, its an absolute killer, the hill starts around a mile from the top then for the last half mile it gets rather steep, legs are on fire none stop up it & really if you're giving it death all the way if you stop you'd never get going again, it is sheer agony, sweat and the odd tear!! the view at the top though is worth the near death experience of trying to get up it!!

Give it a go on some horrible hill near you, you will improve your CV much more, and you'll find your legs can and will be able to take more of a hammering on the hills on the roads when you're out running and the speed will increase faster than it would if you just did running.

:cool::cool:

:weird::weird:

S

Sotiris

Good plan. It's all about stretching yourself, going past your comfort zone until it becomes your comfort zone hehe.

Alas...Cardiff is perhaps the flattest city in the world :sad2:.

gedro

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Indeed, before i was in RT last time i was just running and doing press ups, my legs had the endurance of an oxe but not much strength, and was doing sit ups and pull ups and had quiet weak arms, now i know what training to do to make the phys a little bit easier down there, especially the things we did in the gym and the thrashings we got on field exercises, plus i enjoy working out etc so why not.

I'm aiming to get my legs like iron, get them very strong with much more endurance than last time, along with alot of strength in my arms and shoulders, i've certainly beefed up a bit since then. The phys i'm doing at home will benefit in them areas when the time comes again at Lympschvitz.

Just hope i don't get tendonitus in my elbows from bad form on the ropes like last time!! I blame my legs as they wern't very strong as i've said especially when trying to grip the rope with your knees, there was just not enough strength there to keep it up so i had to use my arms more than i should of and in turn the pain in the elbows was unberable!

goldenboyz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Alas...Cardiff is perhaps the flattest city in the world :sad2:.

I have to agree wit you there mate. i live in wisbech which is part of Fenland. This is by far the flattest area around!! *text deleted*

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Moody1993 Gravity Enduro - Mountain Biking Jollies Bar 13
lawley23 X-Biking and other methods Training Plans and Diet Suggestions 2
I Mountain biking Jollies Bar 9