Bit of pain in 2 areas

Saltaz

Reaction score
i registered a while back, ive been keeping on track of the website like but a just havent been getting invovled in the banter, my application is no further forward as ive put it on hold until after the christmas then ill hand it in, im nearly finished my apprenticeship so i should have a good 6 months break to train.

what it is lads is that after i run about 3-4 miles my right calf "Edit" (it hurts jut above my ankle like the bottom of my calf not shin lads) starts to hurt a little bit feels like muscle pain? is it still getting used to running do you think?

and also i get a tiny bit of lower back pain but when im finished my run it goes away straight away

cheers for any advice lads appriciated

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I get that. Does it feel really hot on your calf. When I run, my calves are really warm and tense and they hurt sometimes.
I think its just getting used to running mate.

Iago

Reaction score
Re: the running

yeah wouldn't worry too much mate, sounds like you're just getting used to it - make sure you stretch and warm down obviously, walking around a bit helps.

Lower back pain might be avoided by doing a bit more core strength work, sit-ups etc, because while it may not seem so, running takes quite a toll on the torso as well as the legs!

Saltaz

Reaction score
yea i need to work on a few dorsal raises to strengthen my lower back i think lads because my stomachs coming on but it is taking a while haha slow but steady.

Cheers aboot the calf thing i think it is just getting myself used to running but i wanted a few lads opinions, think its best if i drop my run to 3 miles? and just get used to my muscles working and feeling the strain my legs go through? to get used to that then ill nock it up when i feel it less? as i say its only my one leg i feel the pain on and both my back and leg pain go away after about 3 minutes of rest.

cheers boys all the best lads ill probably pop on for a bit *text deleted* now and then because the lass is startin to do me tits in so ill get on the pc away from her.