bleep test, 3 miler....any 1 else suck at it? TECHNIQUE?

stevej

Reaction score
I've recently got my 1.5 miler down to 9.53, not great but its on its way down, im also working on my 3 miler but im not sure on when to go balls out? (like half way thru the run, the whole thing???) also do u need to warm up 1st? My bleep test aint great, i tried it the mornin after a really hard session, is that goin to affect my performance that much? techniques pleeeeeeeaaaassse????
Oh and whats this business about the 1.5 miler bein replaced with a 3 miler?

Ash

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Arite mate,

Yea the bloody pjft been doubled to 3 miler now.. you got to do the first 1.5 in 12.5 mins n then you get a minutes rest before doing the second half in your best effort under 10.5 mins...
*text deleted**text deleted*e thing is i've been practicing the 1.5 for god knows how long n now they've just gone n doubled it..
worse still its on a 2 or 3 incline, pretty sure its 3 but i've heard both so just practice on 4 or 5 to be safe..

As for bleep test just to lampost sprints i find good then your use to the back and forth running sort of thing..

stevej

Reaction score
thats what i've been practicing to, bunch of bstrds! nice one cheers buddy!!!

Ipodbob

Reaction score
The point is tho lads, if you can pass the PJFT you shouldnt fail PRMC with the 3 mile run on the first day, which is where most of the fails are, as im aware.

So its all for your benefit really and a piece of mind knowing you can pass the prmc.

Rob 1984

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yeh i suck at running, just scraped through my PJFT. I will have my PRMC soon just hoping to pass the 3 miler and try and impress on other things.

Ipodbob

Reaction score
well, i was never good at running and still pretty *text deleted**text deleted* to be honest, but i passed. As long as you put all your heart into the 3 miler you should be fine. Just remember when your pass the 3 miler all you need to do then is have the determination to carry on no matter how slow or *text deleted**text deleted*ed you get just keep going. Thats what they *text deleted* see.

Rob 1984

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
well, i was never good at running and still pretty *text deleted**text deleted* to be honest, but i passed. As long as you put all your heart into the 3 miler you should be fine. Just remember when your pass the 3 miler all you need to do then is have the determination to carry on no matter how slow or *text deleted**text deleted*ed you get just keep going. Thats what they *text deleted* see.

Hi mate,

How is the warm up before the 3 miler? i watched the blue peter episode on you tube and people were being sick just off that.

Blanio

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
For people that struggle with running, like myself:

1.) Run at least 3 times a week.
2.) Bang out some 4 milers - these make the 3 milers seem alot easier!
3.) Try different forms of cardio - swimming, cycling.
4.) When you're starting to get the 3 mile times down, try some 6 milers, again these make the 3 milers alot easier.
5.) Do some leg work-outs at the gym. I know you don't need to bulk up on leg muscles but i've found doing a session a week helps alot.

Also, how did you mark out 20 meters for a bleep test? I want a crack at one but haven't found a way.

Cheers.

Ipodbob

Reaction score
The warm up wasnt too bad to be fair, we jogged around in a big oval waving are arms about, kicking are legs up ect ect, the worst bit was the 5 second sprint on the spots but to be honest it wernt to bad.

I had never done a v02 bleep test ever in my life and i managed to get 12.6 somehow. God knows how but i did, digging deep makes up for a hell of a lot.

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I've never seen the need to directly work on the 1.5 miler, doing the 3 miler is sufficient and with a decent 3 mile time you're safe for the 1.5 miler.

You should just run at your fastest pace throughout and then towards the end run as fast as you can(if you can run any faster that is).

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Yea the bloody pjft been doubled to 3 miler now..

It's still 1.5 miles, info correct as of yesterday provided for by my AFCO.

3 miler you want a decent pace to hit around 12, dont worry bout the 30 seconds, if you go any slower there - its a bonus to you.
Go all out on the last 1.5 miler, to emulate the run.

Best way to improve? run. Simple really haha.

And go to some circuit training things that provide bleep tests so you know what to expect.

stevej

Reaction score
sweet fella's, to mark out the bleep test i'd either use a massive tape measure or walk ruflly 20 m's. as for the pjft, im *text deleted* train as if its 3 miles any way, cheers

ninjamej

Reaction score
lads just crack on wid the three miler and you should start picking the pace up as soon as u hit ya last 1.5 mile run

for your bleep test do sprints sessions down the park like legging it up and down a fottie pitch.

Ash

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I was informed by my afco last week that it is 3 miler now..
If you have your pjft letter before the 1st september then you do the old pjft of 1.5 but then any letters after that is the new 3 miler..

Can you clear this up ninja just incase? Last thing i *text deleted* do is get myself worried about the 3 miler when its only a 1.5 ..
I can run fine on roads i just hate treadmills..

Ash

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry.. just read the update to the pjft its october at the earliest now..
my bad sorry..

Thank fookin ell for that it was stressing me out that i had to double my time in under a week :(

Cheers for the info mate.. (Y):shakehands:

Taggart91

Reaction score
Hi mate,

How is the warm up before the 3 miler? i watched the blue peter episode on you tube and people were being sick just off that.

Its okay mate, you get time to rest while your strectching and then goin through the rules of where to run and stuff.