Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Bleep test

Discussion in 'Training Methods and Diet Suggestions' started by ugachaka, Oct 24, 2018.

1. ugachaka

ugachaka New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Hi guys I just did a bleep test today on my course and I got 12.7 but I feel like it's different to the royal marines bleep test. Does anyone know the distance between the cones and the timings and stuff between each level.

Cheers

2. MumOnEdge

MumOnEdge Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    The cones should be 20m about and you can download the bleep test on your phone. Pretty certain it's the same. It's what my son does.

3. allye

allye Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    It’s a 20m course, remember only one foot need to reach the line not your entire body. A bleep test is a standardised test, any app or YouTube video will be the same timings.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  4. ugachaka

ugachaka New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Ok cheers it's just that I thought that it was quite a good score but I'm struggling a lot with the 1.5 mile return

5. allye

allye Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Yer that’s a decent score and 4 points on PRMC, are you using a tape measure? When training be strict with getting to the line on time, PTI’s are brutal on this and quite a few guys on mine felt hard done by.

6. MumOnEdge

MumOnEdge Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Maybe it's because you have something to focus on and 'beat' with the beeps. Do you use any apps for tracking running? Something like Strava, you can set it up to tell you every half mile what your pace is. That way you have that prompt to help keep you on track

• Like Like x 1
  7. ugachaka

ugachaka New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Yes I use strava and my return at the moment is only about 10mins 30 secs and I'm aiming for about 9mins

• Like Like x 1
  8. MumOnEdge

MumOnEdge Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    When is your PRMC? Are you doing hill sprints? These will help with speed too.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  9. ugachaka

ugachaka New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Not applied yet at college *text deleted* and wanting to apply in February next year so when I leave college I'll hopefully won't need to wait too long

• Like Like x 1
  10. MumOnEdge

MumOnEdge Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Plenty of time then. Maybe see if there are any running clubs nearby or join parkrun on a Saturday morning. There's nothing like having the competition of running with others to help increase your speed. Good luck

• Like Like x 1
  11. ugachaka

ugachaka New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Cheers for all the suggestions