Bleep Test!!

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
I was just wondering what level people have got to in the bleep test and your age.

also, what is the requirement for the PRMC in the bleep test???

Gixer600Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i got a level 15.6 bleep test :thefinger: i think require is 10.5? im sure someone will corect me

alphamale

Reaction score
how exactly do you train for the bleep test? assuming u go to just a run of the mill gym?

Skippy

Reaction score
how exactly do you train for the bleep test? assuming u go to just a run of the mill gym?

well my dad's got me doing that bloody test once a week.. spose it's like everything, more ya do it the higher and faster you evertually get :uglyhammer:

alphamale

Reaction score
well my dad's got me doing that bloody test once a week.. spose it's like everything, more ya do it the higher and faster you evertually get :uglyhammer:

skippy do you and your dad have to go to proper indoor gym hall to do it? or are you just measureing out 20 meters? does anyone know the exact distance?

alphamale

Reaction score
Yes, 20 meters. The bleep test overall I should imagine is about 2 miles at level 20something.

so would i be correct in saying if you can run a good 2 miler at a GOOD pace, you would fair ok at the Bleep test?

Woody

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Best I've got is 13. And I'm pretty sure you get max points for reaching 13 at PRMC. I've got it the last 3 times in a row so I should get it again.

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
so would i be correct in saying if you can run a good 2 miler at a GOOD pace, you would fair ok at the Bleep test?

Erm, no. The bleep test starts off at practically walking pace (9 seconds for 20 meters) and gets upto constant sprints. If you could sprint,jog,sprint,jog for 40 minutes straight you'd have a good chance of getting a nice high score. Remember after level 13 it's literally a fast run to sprint pace.

Don't forget you'll be doing this after a 3 miler at PRMC!

Skippy

Reaction score
skippy do you and your dad have to go to proper indoor gym hall to do it? or are you just measureing out 20 meters? does anyone know the exact distance?

We've measaured out 20metres with fishing line *text deleted*.. i personaly think once a week is much, but hell, more you do better you get :D

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Guys, the bleep test isn't really for perfomance increasing. It's to 'test' progression hence it's technical term is a VO2 Max Test!

Skippy

Reaction score
Guys, the bleep test isn't really for perfomance increasing. It's to 'test' progression hence it's technical term is a VO2 Max Test!

I didn't mean the more you do the bleep test the better you are *text deleted* be,i meant your *text deleted* see how much better your getting because of it.

Skip

Joe B

Reaction score
I got 15.5 and then i did it a few weeks later and got 16.5.. was really chuffed felt like i could have carried on but my P.E teacher stopped me haha.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
I got 15.5 and then i did it a few weeks later and got 16.5.. was really chuffed felt like i could have carried on but my P.E teacher stopped me haha.

Very impressive Joe.

Whilst no expert on the subject, a couple of "snippets" I've picked-up along the way are firstly there are different lengths of measured distance - PRMC uses 20 metres & utilises a CD recording to avoid tape-stretch & inaccurate timings/results. (Not that I'm suggesting your results are inaccurate).

Why are you waiting until September to take your PRMC Joe, I'm curious?

Joe B

Reaction score
well i had a long hard think about it and a talk with my parents way before i started my application and decided that i would join up in january if i was successful in all my tests, as it would be a good way to start a new year. it would also be the perfect age for me as i will be 17 4 mnths by that time. i wanted to start my application early before all of my gcse's started and also so its one less thing to worry about when i leave school. and as im looking to join up in january time my careers advisor wouldnt put me on an earlier PRMC date as he said that down at lympstone they dont like to have to much of a gap between the PRMC abd the RT date as people lose their fitness. but my PRMC date is really good as im 17 the day before it :D... the only thing that bothers me is that i will get frustrated from the time i leave school until the date i join up.. im jus gna keep fit get a little job and enjoy my last bit of time i have left with my mates at home..but even now all i thoink about is joining up i dont know what im going to be like in a few months.

hope that made sense if it does'nt then say *text deleted*

Joe

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
It entirely makes sense & it's good to see people plan ahead, it also means you will get a good start in RT before you go on Easter leave. I'd definitely go along with the advice given with regard keeping the gap between passing & joining to a minimum. Good luck.

alphamale

Reaction score
so we have a 3 miler followed straight away by the bleep test to look forward to? i thought they were on different days?

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
so we have a 3 miler followed straight away by the bleep test to look forward to? i thought they were on different days?

Used to be but the bleep test gave the PTIs an idea who'd fail the 3 miler the next day!

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
Used to be but the bleep test gave the PTIs an idea who'd fail the 3 miler the next day!

Nope not true, we did the 3 miler first.

Then went back got changed, and did the gym test later.