Bloody Boots!

Ipodbob

Reaction score
PRMC issue boots - does it matter if they get knocked about ?

Basically to wear my boots in im wearing them at work, they are starting to get a few scratches and so on but does it matter if they do. Considering they are my field pair.

I do polish them / buff em with polish on a brush and all that *text deleted**text deleted*e. I just *text deleted* know if i'd get a 'extra phys' for some rough wear and tear on the boots.

AdmiralAwesome

Reaction score
I don't think the scratches will be a problem...

If you polish them enough, the scratches will go.

ncfc_crazyuk

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Was thinking of this as I am only around the house for half hour a day, n work 8-10 hours of the day! Think these do the job for work then

Ipodbob

Reaction score
They are pretty comfy to be honest, i wear boots usually to work anyway as im outside all of the time, but after wearing them in a hot bath for 10 mins doing squats then went for a walk they have been worn in well. No blisters even if i wear em all day long.

Mind you they do feel a size to big almost but at least i can put two pairs of socks on during winter haha.

gleneagles

Reaction score
Old Pro's Advice on Boots!

Hey, just been issued my boots and they are possibly the stiffest boots ever! only kidding, not that bad. I am *text deleted* blisters though and was wondering if anybody who has broken ther boots in have found a really good method of doing so. It doesnt matter if it hurts, i have the zinc-oxide at hand! ha. but i just want to get it done quickly because they will be getting used real soon!

Thanks

Ipodbob

Reaction score
soak them in hot water for 30 mins and whack em on go for a walk for 20 mins or something. Mind you they might be a bit damp. Mine are comfy as fook but i wear em to work 3 days a week and there looking a big scuffed

Nacnud

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Are you allowed to use extra comfy insoles for your boots? If so, then that would help cut down on the blisters, that way the bottom of the boot doesn't feel like a cheese grater, or atleast while you are trying to break into them they will prevent the blisters, then you can take them off.

Luke023

Reaction score
put something hard in you boots and whack a hammer against all the really stiff bits mainly the heel. it really works ive bin doing it, it will really soften them up/ also try scrunching the leather up and placing it under something heavy for a few hours.

and dont forget to take care of them i.e polish that also softens the leather up.

Macca

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Get in a hot bath with your boots on and just relax for 10 15 minutes, the boots will feel like they are sucking onto your feet wich is good as the heat of the water will help mould it to your foot quicker, and wear them as often as possible basicly. Inersoles won't stop the blisters unfortunately as they don't stop the boot from rubbing against you heel or the sides of your toes, but they do add comfort. The best way to avoid blisters is to tape up the obvious places where blisters form, also wear 2 pairs of socks as both of the socks will rub against eachother instead of your foot. Those methods won't 100% stop blisters, they will just help prevent them. You just need to accept that you will get blisters at somepoint and when you do you must look after them with extra care

cheers

Grimesy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
just thinking ahead fellas, if i pass my prmc in 2 weeks time and get issued boots, how does it work. do you just say for example im a 9 and they're thrown an you or do you get to try them on with one pair of socks, then maybe two, although i cant see this happening as its not a shoe shop. jus wondered because if you go home with pair (in my case 9's) then start wearing 2 pairs of socks, or putting insoles in they might come up tight in which case youre *text deleted**text deleted*ed.

in case you hadnt noticed i worry about some pointless *text deleted**text deleted* sometimes.

Macca

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
When I got issued my boots on prmc mate we were told to try them on to make sure they were a suitable fit so no worries there mate

Grimesy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
thanks mate i can sleep soundly at night again now.

John_Lar

Reaction score
As already suggested I'm soak them in hot bath water for say 30mins, then wear them for a bit. Do this a couple of times and they should be loose enough to wear them without too much discomfort.

Taggart91

Reaction score
*text deleted* go out for a run in my boots, but I *text deleted* break them in as much as I can first.

what's the best way of breaking them in? Getting a bath with them ?
Yeah get in a bath thats what i did yesterday :kult:
It actually really made them softer.
They told me not to go running in my boots but just to walk in them?

Taggart91

Reaction score
Ahh I missed the briefing before we got them so I'm clueless. Should the bath be piping hot?
Errm i guess the hotter the better? It just depends how hot you can stick your baths. You might come out like a lobster :smile:
Also i think a good thing to do with them even though i didnt would be to keep them on after you get out until they cool down and properly mould to your feet.

spartan

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i got told not to put my boots in the bath as they can shrink, can someone tell me if this is true.

ninjamej

Reaction score
get soem surgical spirit from boots and some vcotton wool and jsut wipe it over your feet that will tuffen your feet up and it was lwoer the chances of getting blisters

Taylor

Reaction score
Mine are pretty worn in *text deleted*

i didnt do any tricks like the bath or pissing on em (apprently that works too xD )

I just wore them around, stuck with it for awhile, give em a nice polish and DONT be gentle haha

mine are fine now quie soft, wore em to the seaside in the holidays haha

but i havent ran in them yet, was told not too