Bloody Opticians - Help!!

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I am so pissed off today. Went to the opticians and they say i need glasses just to wear in the house to heal my eyes *text deleted*. I think this is bull*text deleted**text deleted* as I can see fine. Apparently it is only one eye that is a bit damaged but there is seriously *text deleted* all wrong.
What is the limit to eye restriction to pass the medical.

Please help lads. :albert:

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I am so pissed off today. Went to the opticians and they say i need glasses just to wear in the house to heal my eyes *text deleted*. I think this is bull*text deleted**text deleted* as I can see fine. Apparently it is only one eye that is a bit damaged but there is seriously *text deleted* all wrong.

Opticians suck, they said i need glasses. This is when i was younger, so my mum did not believe it, so i went to the hospital and then a few other places and they all say i didnt.

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score

Your answer is in the Sticky section of the forum.

If you disagree with the optician you should visit another to get a second opinion, eyesight usually degrades over time so although you think you are fine a person that has actually looked at your eye may have seen something you cannot possibly be aware of yet. Do your self a favour and go see another optician just to clarify the situation as you only have the one set of eyes and if by wearing some basic optical lenses around the house will aid your eyesight and avoid having to have to wear them permanently at a later date then its worth the few mins a test takes.

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Your answer is in the Sticky section of the forum.

If you disagree with the optician you should visit another to get a second opinion, eyesight usually degrades over time so although you think you are fine a person that has actually looked at your eye may have seen something you cannot possibly be aware of yet. Do your self a favour and go see another optician just to clarify the situation as you only have the one set of eyes and if by wearing some basic optical lenses around the house will aid your eyesight and avoid having to have to wear them permanently at a later date then its worth the few mins a test takes.

On that forum i dont understand all of those numbers that you have to be within. The optician (b1itch) said only my left eye is slightly worse and my eyes are not bad enough to wear contacts so i need glasses to wear a few days around the house. Ninja please help me out because my left eye is the only slightly bad one and my eyes arent bad enough for contacts.

I cant belive how p1ssed off i was in the opticians.

Nacnud

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, your eye sight doesnt matter, as long as its correctable to 20/20 vision (this means perfect vision) you are eligible. And don't worry about glasses, I wear them, and it makes me look smarter.

No body's perfect, and you aren't an exception.

So just calm down, so you'll look different for a few days, I felt the same when I needed glasses, but a few weeks later they felt natural, and it feels unnatural to have them off.

My eyesight is so bad without them I'm very grateful for them now.

Oh and don't get contact lenses, tried them, and they suck, they are really itchy, irritate your eyes, and a real hassle to put on when all you need to do with glasses is slip them on, or off.

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Well if you cant understand the number written there then you most likely have not been given any vision levels by the optician then you possibly have no major need for permanent corrective glasses and are therefore most likely still eligible for marine application.

However i would think your attitude towards the optician is rather child like, he gave you his professionally trained opinion as is required by the Royal Navy, if the Navy thought you were capable of giving a fully administered vision test by yourself they would not have sent you to an optician. Don't insult a man for doing his job, if you disagree with the diagnosis get a second opinion...going around calling the man a b1itch wont do you any favours.

Nacnud

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
^yep, well said he's only doing his job and doing what's best for you, don't be vain about your appearance, you'll probably be pretty ugly and gnarly by the end of RT.

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Well if you cant understand the number written there then you most likely have not been given any vision levels by the optician then you possibly have no major need for permanent corrective glasses and are therefore most likely still eligible for marine application.

However i would think your attitude towards the optician is rather child like, he gave you his professionally trained opinion as is required by the Royal Navy, if the Navy thought you were capable of giving a fully administered vision test by yourself they would not have sent you to an optician. Don't insult a man for doing his job, if you disagree with the diagnosis get a second opinion...going around calling the man a b1itch wont do you any favours.

Thing is I sat 10 metres away from my fridge and there are magnets on them and I wanted to see if I could read them. I could. My mums boyfriend is longsighted and he couldnt make out what the magnets had written on them. Now in my oppinion this proves im not short sighted. I think I will get a second oppinion at another opticians but they said I cant wear contact lenses as my eyes are not bad enough for them and the contact lenses will damage my eyes. My eyes have been perfect up until now, and i proved it when i could read the tiny writing on the fridge magnet!