BMI?

lankpost

Reaction score
What is the BMI range to join the Marines? On the website it gave two numbers as well as a minimum weight.

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
BMI under 28 or if your on the muscle side and over that BMI you can be passed as long as your waist measurements are 93cm or under

lankpost

Reaction score
BMI under 28 or if your on the muscle side and over that BMI you can be passed as long as your waist measurements are 93cm or under
I am ~20 BMI am I eligible because the main part of the website said a minimum of 23

codislife

Reaction score
Yes. If aged over 18, bmi must be over 18 and under 28. Or as described above.
May be a stupid question, but In regards to measuring the waist is it above the belly button? As I will not be passing the bmi by any stretch as I have been weight lifting for 8 years

Chelonian

Reaction score
May be a stupid question, but In regards to measuring the waist is it above the belly button?
Unsure what the service protocol is but when training for a specific sporting event a few years back the BMI Nazis measured my waist with the bottom edge of the tape coinciding with the top edge of my belly button. Ensure that the tape is parallel on the abdomen. Deflection gives an inaccurate reading.

But hopefully the measurement should not be that marginal regardless of an inch up or down.

codislife

Reaction score
Unsure what the service protocol is but when training for a specific sporting event a few years back the BMI Nazis measured my waist with the bottom edge of the tape coinciding with the top edge of my belly button. Ensure that the tape is parallel on the abdomen. Deflection gives an inaccurate reading.

But hopefully the measurement should not be that marginal regardless of an inch up or down.
Ah thank you very much! No, my waist is an inch plus smaller than the cut off I think.