Body clock!

Mitch2012

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Alright lads! Needing some tips on how to reset my body clock, so I can go to bed round 11 and get up at 6 without having to set my alarm! I've tried many times, but failed miserably! Cheers

Connor!

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I have this problem I don't get tired at night but feel knackered in the morning!? So annoying

Wilke

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Alright lads! Needing some tips on how to reset my body clock, so I can go to bed round 11 and get up at 6 without having to set my alarm! I've tried many times, but failed miserably! Cheers
Just asking mate, why without the alarm?

It's possible to mentally prepare yourself to wake up early. Think I'm going wake up early tomorrow! and concentrate on that. Can't really explain it but does work. Duncan Falconer mentions it in his book 'First Into Action'.

The specific quote
..I discovered I could re-programme my default instincts by constantly daydreaming of specific dramatic situations and seeing myself react the way I thought I should or wanted to.
Not the exact same situation he's writting about but similar(can add that I, as probably most lads that have read the book, highly recommend it).

Drinking alot of water prior to sleeping can help. Though usually you'll just wake up in the middle of the night!

I hope this was a satisfactory response!

Blorange

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
alarms other reason is to keep your body clock in check, you can go to bed at 2am and wake up at 6am, because of the clock you will be tired the next day but keeps you in pattern.

put it across the room ect, so you have to get up to turn it off

Anthony_H

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Stay up for about two days and just nacker yourself out, then get your self in a pattern and stick with it a few days and it just falls into place I found. i get into a routine of bed at ten up at 5-6 ish. And one late weekend will mess it up so i have go through the whole thing again to get my routine back.

Mitch2012

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Just asking mate, why without the alarm?

It's possible to mentally prepare yourself to wake up early. Think I'm going wake up early tomorrow! and concentrate on that. Can't really explain it but does work. Duncan Falconer mentions it in his book 'First Into Action'.

The specific quote

Not the exact same situation he's writting about but similar(can add that I, as probably most lads that have read the book, highly recommend it).

Drinking alot of water prior to sleeping can help. Though usually you'll just wake up in the middle of the night!

I hope this was a satisfactory response!
I don't really have a reason mate. But cheers for your response!

As for you other lads thanks for your responses aswell, I'll be trying most of these suggestions out, so thanks a bunch!

GingerjoeRM

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Read into your Circadian rhythm and stuff like that. I hear you can reset when your body wakes up, by fasting for a whole day, and eating when you want to usually.

So I would fast all tomorrow, set an alarm for 5, and eat at 6, then you should wake up for 6, as your body becomes hungry!

If not, just routine, do it EVERYDAY without fail, get up at 5 etc, using an alarm, and your body should follow suit! You can also read into sleeping times etc, like get apps on phones. You feel more tired if you sleep for say 8 hours or so than if you do 4? That's an example.. I've had sub 4 hrs sleep, massively hungover but not really tired..Caffeine helps! :toung:

doddsy84

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
if u want to set your body clock then join the marines, this way u have to get up at a certain time no matter what!!

WelshLad91

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
After a weekend my body clock is hammered! Like today fell asleep on the sofa for like 2-3hours after dinner so i wont be sleeping much before 12 tonight. Just keep my alarm set for 6am and bang up everyday! you soon get used to it.

Red Bull

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I set my body clock by routinely waking up at 5am for work every day for half a year. Wasn't a problem then.

But seriously. Its all in your head. If I have to be up at an unusual time for work I set an alarm. But if I really convince myself I absolutely have to be up at that time then 9/10 times I'll wake up just before the alarm goes off.

Ren_Dundle10101

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I've been trying to alter my body clock ready for my PRMC next week. It started off okay, I was waking up to my watch alarm at 0515hrs. Trouble is now it seems my alarm has stopped working or I'm turning my alarm off without realising, as since Friday I have no recollection of my alarm going off or me waking up at the hour

Yossarian

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I've been trying to alter my body clock ready for my PRMC next week. It started off okay, I was waking up to my watch alarm at 0515hrs. Trouble is now it seems my alarm has stopped working or I'm turning my alarm off without realising, as since Friday I have no recollection of my alarm going off or me waking up at the hour
I wouldn't worry. At PRMC I found waking up to be easy with all the adrenaline flowing! Once you're up and in the showers it's fine!