Body Conditioning

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Bascially, it may not make you much fitter but it'll teach your body to take a lot more abuse than normal.

I think it's good for the core strenght of your body. Some people are strong but when it comes to if there bodies can take abuse, most of the time they can't.

For this, it will start of painfull but your body will get use to the pain and you'll be able to handle more.

Try a medicine ball, and lye down on your back and while you tense your stomach muscles, let someone drop the ball there. It may take the wind out of you at the start, but after a while it'll teach your body to take some real sh*t.

Bascically, anything that hurts your body in a good way without injury will make your inner strenght stronger, and your mind stronger!

Basically, exercise until you can even move! What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger!

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
ye! thats good fun! also do bridges! when you feel like dropping don't!

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
ye! thats good fun! also do bridges! when you feel like dropping don't!

Tell me about it. That's also some real core training which may not show up on the outside, but on the inside your body will be hard as nails!

I reckon what they'll teach people in the Marines is more body conditioning rather than just doing stuff like weight training etc...

Weight training is useless in my opinion. Makes you slower for sure. Resistance training is the next big thing, along with proper body conditioning!

Hephaestos

Reaction score
Pure genius, you could also try some auto-flagellation, or heck just head butt a wall till you fall down, just not too hard you wouldn't want to injure yourself. That'll teach you how to take pain.

Jervis

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Pure genius, you could also try some auto-flagellation, or heck just head butt a wall till you fall down, just not too hard you wouldn't want to injure yourself. That'll teach you how to take pain.

*text deleted* :bud: FOLLOW ME

Death-Oar-Glory

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
We do conditioning in mma, but dropping medicine balls? not smart. Conditioning should not be done so it winds you, because if it winds you you're not hitting the muscles. If you've got boxing gloves, have someone hit you in the stomach with 10 straights, not as hard as they can, but firmly. Signal for them to increase the pressure when you feel ready. Every time you're hit, breath out a bit, which focusses the tensing of your core muscles.
Another one which is good when working as a group, we all line up, lying down on our backs, and the girls walk across our stomachs, gradually going faster and faster 'til they are jogging. You should never get winded in conditioning!

Death-Oar-Glory

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Hahha, yeh, OK, I see what he meant now! I was more annoyed that my Sifu (Head of martial arts club) was telling jokes making us laugh when they were walking on us! Soooooo unsafe.

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Before when I got pissed and had fights I used to be in alot of pain but now after following Adz8916 Body Conditioning for 2 weeks I can now get bottled in the heaed and stabbed in the stomach and I wont feel a thing, wow your workout made me really tough inside thanks alot Adz8916
:)

Iles

Reaction score
Weight training is useless in my opinion. Makes you slower for sure. Resistance training is the next big thing, along with proper body conditioning!

I take it you have loads of evidence to base this on, and of course Weight training wouldn't be a form of resistance training?

Just about everybody can benefit from weight training it's just a case of HOW you train to achieve your goals.