Body Mass Index?

Simmoinshoes

Reaction score
Hello people, I'm new to the site but have been planning on joining the RM for some time. I have recently picked up an application pack and got it all sorted, but I've checked my BMI on the net and it comes back at 24.8! I'm 6ft 3in and my weight 14st 3 or 4. 24.8 BMI is 'healthy' but only just. I'm not fat or anything and have been training for some time but I just cant seem to loose much weight. Does anyone know how strict they are on this, as I really want to apply but don't want to fall at the first hurdle. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
your BMI is fine.

the limit is 29 *text deleted*.

Simmoinshoes

Reaction score
Really?? Thats alright then. I always thought 25 or more meant you were overweight. I was really worried about that so thanks.

encn

Reaction score
Yeah I wouldn't pay much attention to BMI to be honest.

Over 25 is classed as overweight, but it isn't designed for people that do so much training: Remember Muscle weighs more than fat so as you train your BMI will probably increase as you put on more muscle (unless you have a hell of a lot of flab to shift). Most guys I know are hovering around 24-30 and you wouldn't say they were 'overweight'!

It's designed to help Fat Birds Diet, it really doesn't have much place in RM training!

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Ye don't worry about it mines 21-22 and im a skinny twunt

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
It's for people who don't do much exercise really,
because according to BMI marathon runners are unhealthy and rugby players are unhealthy.

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
im 6 foot 4 and 12.5 stone! HEHE! *text deleted*