Body Modification?

PRMBenjey1993

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
What are the policies for body modification other than tattoos?
Like many of teenagers, i got sucked intot he ridiculous fad of stretching my ear lobes, I took the things out about a year ago and one ear has healed up completely, there's still a small visible hole in the other though :worried:
Would this disqualify me, if it would, does anyone know if I can get it repaired on the NHS? Because there's a procedure where they just stitch it up and it looks normal again, it's pretty expensive cosmetic surgery from what I've heard though.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Flesh tunnels must be fully closed-over likewise all body jewellery piercings must be removable, all implants must be removed.

Entry Standards said:
Current fashion has encouraged the practice of body piercing and the wearing of body jewellery.

The risk of injury, infection and the requirement for an individual?s bearing to be neat, discreet and have a restrained personal appearance when in uniform, combine to make body piercing inappropriate within a Service environment.

No jewellery is to be visible with uniform other than the following items:

Wedding rings for men.

No other form of jewellery will be allowed to be worn on the body even where a part of the body has been pierced or prepared, whether for any ring, stud or sleeper. Body piercing does not include a piercing of the ear lobe for the wearing of a stud or sleeper.
More here, after joining:

Uniform Regulations said:
Any scarring (such as that caused by 'flesh tunnel' or other body decorations), injury, infection or illness caused as a result of body piercing, or through the wearing of any form of body jewellery and with the exception of any minor legacy scarring acquired prior to enlistment, will be deemed to have been self inflicted and will be dealt with as a disciplinary matter.

PRMBenjey1993

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Oh I see, thanks.
So just to clarify, there's no bar on entry if there's a scar on my ear? So long as it's fully closed its ok?

Ren_Dundle10101

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
With regards to jewellry and uniform, only wedding rings are allowed, does that mean that watches aren't considered jewellry (mine is a cheap Casio, about as far as you can get from jewells) or watches are not to be worn/visible?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Flesh tunnels must be closed-over, scarring is not a problem.

Watches are allowed - the tip is don't wear a hugely expensive watch as the rigours of training may well cause damage.

Ren_Dundle10101

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Flesh tunnels must be closed-over, scarring is not a problem.

Watches are allowed - the tip is don't wear a hugely expensive watch as the rigours of training may well cause damage.
What about one that beeps once an hour, on the hour? Would that go down well?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Me too.

Arctic training on a windy day or whilst cross-country skiing with big floppy earlobes can leave one with a face like a slapped baboons backside.

MacheteMeetsBiscuit

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Arctic training on a windy day or whilst cross-country skiing with big floppy earlobes can leave one with a face like a slapped baboons backside.
What a dire prospect. I'd never get a piercing but my Buddha-like earlobes are virtually local celebrities in their own right! Norway sounds even less pleasant than it already was now...

PRMBenjey1993

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Went to the Doctors this morning, he's referring me to a plastic surgean, looks liek I'm going to have to get it surgically repaired, it's a simple procedure whereby they split the lobe, then sew in back together = no hole.

This will be on my medical record obviously, but am I going to have to wait for a certain time before I can begin my application? Ninja?

JMC

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Went to the Doctors this morning, he's referring me to a plastic surgean, looks liek I'm going to have to get it surgically repaired, it's a simple procedure whereby they split the lobe, then sew in back together = no hole.

This will be on my medical record obviously, but am I going to have to wait for a certain time before I can begin my application? Ninja?
You could go all David Blane on them, pair of scissors = ?1 from WHSmiths.

Plastic Surgery = ???????
:uglyhammer:

PRMBenjey1993

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
You could go all David Blane on them, pair of scissors = ?1 from WHSmiths.

Plastic Surgery = ???????
:uglyhammer:
Haha, I actually considered that as a last option
And my Doctor said that it'll be able to get done on the NHS as it affects my career choice

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
I'm guessing the delay after minor surgery will depend on what surgical procedure is involved, but in any eveny I would doubt it'll be more than a few months, if that.

AMD_88

Reaction score
I had mine closed up, stitches taken out and healed within two weeks and its a minor operation, just left with some scars now.

PRMBenjey1993

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Update

Had the op, was issued local anaesthetic in my ear and the stitches have been out about a week now, just got a small amount of scarring.
Very happy as it's one more thing sorted before i can apply :biggrin:

Rocky5748

Reaction score
And unless you have a sadistic love for burpees, do not wear your watch no matter how cheap or expensive for phys!

Mugumbo

Reaction score
Ninja my weight scaled really high and then i bought it down by alot, left with stretch marks is this a problem?

lawley23

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I don't understand flesh tunnels, in a physical match on a Saturday whilst tanked up they become a target to having have your ear ripped off it's ridiculous.
Two of my younger brothers have them, and it's all just a cool thing :-/

Valour

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I don't understand flesh tunnels, in a physical match on a Saturday whilst tanked up they become a target to having have your ear ripped off it's ridiculous.
Two of my younger brothers have them, and it's all just a cool thing :-/
I agree, they have to be some of the most vile looking things trending at the minute!

I mean for crying out loud, seriously:
http://blondesearch.ru/img/1e/1e6/58mm_Stretched_Ears.jpg

:sick: