bonjour!

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
new to this, been looking around for a while on this site, F.M.J = Full Metal Jacket simply *text deleted* its mint! anyhoo! im joining Reserves =] just had a thought a little earlier, about form and all that while you are doing your situps, pullups etc...

while in PRMC/Selection Weekend

situps- is there someone holding you feet down?

pressups- are they full marine style? as in elbows tucked right in chest toucht the floor, or do you get away with doing normal pressups as long as your chest hits the floor?

pullups- well pretty self-explanitary... pullup! *text deleted*

cheers

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
situp: Someone holding you, elbows touch floor when back, touch top of knee when forward.

Pressups: narrow arm "marine" style, person with fist under chest counting.

Pullups: overarm.

spartan

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
when u do chinups its good practice that u wait 3 seconds when u pull urself up and 3 seconds when u hang when u come back down. this is because a PTI will tell u to go up and down ("arms bent........and streatch). just some advice *text deleted* its better to get used to it

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
hi! cheers for the responses!

i totally forgot about the marine style situps like they like you to touch your knees with your elbows! well, i can get about 100 in 2 minutes if i have someone holding my feet! just curious just *text deleted* i test myself regularly

pullups, yeah its a good idea to hang for a couple seconds when up and down, been practicing that for the past month can easily get about 8 now! :P

just was a little curious as i was doing some pressups once for a fully fledged marine commando just he didnt make me tuck my elbows in, just wanted to know if the PRMC would have been any different

cheers

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Bonjour Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site 1
Fenners Bonjour Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site 9